Have you recently found another favorite movie?

Tools    

These are all the 10/10s I've given out to first-time watches this year:

The Graduate
Double Indemnity
The Travelling Players
High Noon

I gave a 9/10 to Midnight Cowboy, The Celebration, and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, but they would be in my second tier.

I haven't tried to do a proper favourites list in quite some time, but out of my viewings this year, West Side Story and Modern Times could probably find themselves in there. Just peak cinema.

Looking at my list, I've been low on A+ movies for a while. First watch A+ since 2020 are:

2020-03-03 The Neon Demon (A+)
2020-09-27 Cure (A+)
2021-06-06 Possessor (A+)

I'd have to rewatch Possessor, which absolutely has favorite potential, but Cure and Neon Demon are already up there as all time faves. Also I should watch less trash. I've been slowing down on watching good movies for a hot minute.

I just finished In the Mouth of Madness, completing John Carpenter's Apocalypse trilogy. I adore surreal horror.
Always had a weird affinity for that one. So audacious. I dunno if it's good but it really stuck in my head.

I've given a bunch of 5/5 recently. These are the ones I've handed in the last 2 years...
  • Woman in the Dunes
  • Le Jour se Lève
  • Ran
  • Late Spring
  • Sweet Smell of Success

Most of those came from recommendations from some of you here, so you MoFo's are keeping me on my toes. Thanks!

The Long Goodbye and The Lighthouse are two new favorites that I don't think I would've seen if not for this forum (thanks goes to Siddon and MKS). The first one captures my love of noir, mystery and really good cinematography while the latter captures my love for sea tales, mindf***ery and Willem Dafoe at his Dafoe-iest. Oh, and they both tickle my dark and twisted sense of humor. In other words, they're movies that have what I think is the quality of a favorite: you'd make it yourself if you had the opportunity.

The Long Goodbye and The Lighthouse are two new favorites that I don't think I would've seen if not for this forum (thanks goes to Siddon and MKS). The first one captures my love of noir, mystery and really good cinematography while the latter captures my love for sea tales, mindf***ery and Willem Dafoe at his Dafoe-iest. Oh, and they both tickle my dark and twisted sense of humor. In other words, they're movies that have what I think is the quality of a favorite: you'd make it yourself if you had the opportunity.
Indeed, The Lighthouse is such a masterpiece.

Victim of The Night
I just finished In the Mouth of Madness, completing John Carpenter's Apocalypse trilogy. I adore surreal horror.
I've always really liked that movie. Saw it in theaters and have re-visited it many times over the years.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Not really favorite favorite, but I've recently experienced a level of thrill, fun and enthusiasm that no movie had provided for several years. By discovering Buster Keaton. Surprisingly good stuff.

Victim of The Night
Yeah, The Rocky Horror Picture Show has been my favorite movie since I was 13 years old but it got a run for its money when I finally saw Paris, Texas a few years ago.
There are a number of other movies I've seen in the last few years that certainly added themselves to the high end of my favorites list (which I have never officially kept but have a vague idea about), including Cleo from 5 to7, Lady Snowblood, Manhattan, Some Like It Hot, Last Year At Marienbad, Black Girl, and Spider Baby.

Victim of The Night
Big fan of The Long Goodbye. Worth reading the book too. The styles are so different they won't clash with each other.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm on a semi-regular dose of masterpieces.

But finding them sometimes requires me to dig real deep.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
It's been at least 5 years since a movie entered my Top 10, and I think it was "Buffalo '66" (if you ever want a great recommendation or conversation, contact Ray Carney or at least check out his site dedicated to independent movies)

In the last few years, I'm happy with a 7/10, which has only happened once or twice this year, but we're past the halfway mark in 2021, and I have seen no more than twenty or thirty movies. I try almost every day, but I'm running out ideas, or I can't find them, despite having thousands on my IMDB watch-list.

i know but to me the crow always been my #1 favorite movie of al time since it first release
But do you also have a second favorite, third favorite, etc?