Open Water (2003)
Buried (2010)
Rescue Dawn (2006)
127 Hours (2010)
Frozen (2010)
All Is Lost (2013)
The Road (2009)
The Descent (2005)
I haven't seen a few of these - have to add them to the list.

One's I've seen: 28 Days Later (that's the zombie flick, right?)
Glad you mentioned Rescue Dawn - great film.
127 hours - not as good as I thought it was going to be, but still a very interesting story.
The Road is a powerful movie - very depressing, but powerful.

Frozen? "Let it go, let it go..." (Sorry. I haven't seen either the survival film or the Disney one.)

Derek copy and pasted everything Google told him would work here, so i don't have much left.

The only thing i can think of is Balto!
I'm probably the biggest fan of survival movie here... and I love watching a lot of those I don't need google to quote movie that I like lol

I haven't seen a few of these - have to add them to the list.

One's I've seen: 28 Days Later (that's the zombie flick, right?)
Glad you mentioned Rescue Dawn - great film.
127 hours - not as good as I thought it was going to be, but still a very interesting story.
The Road is a powerful movie - very depressing, but powerful.

Frozen? "Let it go, let it go..." (Sorry. I haven't seen either the survival film or the Disney one.)
Frozen I'm talking about this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323045/?ref_=nv_sr_5
It's been a recommendation by Cricket and I personally love it

Derek copy and pasted everything Google told him would work here, so i don't have much left.

The only thing i can think of is Balto!
Don't give up, Camo. There are tons more.

To wit:
Apollo 13 (1995)
Some might argue it's not a survival film... but that's exactly what it is.

and speaking of Tom Hanks... probably the most obvious film for this thread...
Castaway (2000)

All is Lost (2013)
The Earthling (1980)
Duel (1971)
I never even heard of All is Lost - now I definitely want to see it.

Rabbit-Proof Fence (2002)
The story of three half-caste aboriginal girls, pulled from their homes, trekking across the outback in 1931 Australia.

I saw The Edge a couple times - and liked it! That was years ago, maybe time for another viewing soon.

The Way Back (from the director of Master and Commander, eh?) - that's definitely going on my watch list!

Agutter and Walkabout is a shocking omission if you ask me
Just went to IMDB to look up Walkabout (1971) - saw some discussion hullabaloo over nude scenes. 19-year-old Jenny Agutter? Nude scenes? Yeah, this one's definitely going on the list!

Does Saw count??

It seems there are different categories of survival:

Man against nature - simply trying to survive in an inhospitable environment.

Trapped (which can overlap with man against nature - trapped on an island, trapped on a boat, trapped in a spacecraft, trapped between two rocks, etc. Now that I think about it, most survival stories involve being trapped in some sense.)

Man against man - this can overlap as well (and it's where the overall category gets iffy...) In The Edge the characters end up trying to kill each other, but they must survive against nature as well.

GBG mentioned Duel wherein a man tries to survive out on the road while someone is trying to kill him.
Not sure if all "man against man" stories fall into the Survival category or if they are more "Thrillers." If we extend too far then we'd have to classify every story where a killer is stalking someone else as a "Survival" movie (which would include almost every horror movie).

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It seems there are different categories of survival:

Man against nature - simply trying to survive in an inhospitable environment.

Trapped (which can overlap with man against nature - trapped on an island, trapped on a boat, trapped in a spacecraft, trapped between two rocks, etc. Now that I think about it, most survival stories involve being trapped in some sense.)

Man against man - this can overlap as well (and it's where the overall category gets iffy...) In The Edge the characters end up trying to kill each other, but they must survive against nature as well.

GBG mentioned Duel wherein a man tries to survive out on the road while someone is trying to kill him.
Not sure if all "man against man" stories fall into the Survival category or if they are more "Thrillers." If we extend too far then we'd have to classify every story where a killer is stalking someone else as a "Survival" movie (which would include almost every horror movie).

There are also "man against aliens" movies, like Independence Day, where people are trying to survive against alien invasions.