Favorite Sports Movie!

Tools    

What's your favorite sports movie of all-time guys ?

I'm Curious

Hey! Great idea for a thread. Especially because I don't watch sports and yet I love sports movies!

Just a couple off the top...
The Longest Yard (original) - hey it's a sports AND prison movie, what's not to love?
Major League - I loved the concept that each player excelled in only one skill, but was fatally flawed in other ways.
The Natural - a classic
Rollerball (original) - is this a sports movie since it's about a fictional sport or is it just a sci-fi? Either way... "Jonathan! Jonathan! Jonathan!!!"

I won't even go into Boxing themed movies as they are almost a genre unto themselves.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Champ (1979) - Boxing
Damn Yankees (1958) - Baseball
Bang the Drum Slowly (1973) - Baseball
Field of Dreams (1989) - Baseball
8 Seconds (1994) - Rodeo
American Flyers (1985) - Bicycle Racing
Heaven Can Wait (1978) - Football

I'm not sure if this movie counts: Real Steel (2011) - Boxing with Robots

Welcome to the human race...
I realise my answer is probably cliché as hell but...Raging Bull.

Major League,very funny movie.
And Charlie Sheen's walk on to Wild Thing was great.

Rollerball (original) - is this a sports movie since it's about a fictional sport or is it just a sci-fi? Either way... "Jonathan! Jonathan! Jonathan!!!"
This is a great shout. Though I would say that as, a) it's on my 100 and, b), it's what I was going to say.

I'd throw Bull Durhum out there, too, though whether there's enough sport for that to be a sports film is up to you.

Nobody mentioned Remember The Titans yet? I love that movie.

This is a great shout. Though I would say that as, a) it's on my 100 and, b), it's what I was going to say.

I'd throw Bull Durhum out there, too, though whether there's enough sport for that to be a sports film is up to you.
Kudos for mentioning Bull Durham.
Great movie,Costner,Sarandon had great parts and an enjoyable smaller role by Jenny Robertson(Sarandon's sidekick,Millie).

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Rocky first