Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

→ in
Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
That poster makes them look like contemporaries.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Do you think that some of Tarantino's movies would have a bigger impact if they were not period piece movies? I feel that if Inglorious Basterds were set during the more modern war in Iraq when it came out, it would have had an even bigger impact than setting it in WWII. Or if Django Unchained took place in a modern setting where slavery still existed, then it would have had a bigger impact than the American western. Unless I'm wrong?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Pretty sure they had as big of an impact that potty-mouth, hyper-violent, filth-flarn-filth films can have. Not sure of any collection of "risque" movies has seen as much success.

I'm loving the trailer!! This is going to be kick ass! The guy playing Bruce Lee is SPOT ON!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

This actually looks like Tarantino's best movie. Especially from the previews cause when you watch previews for his other movies, the previews make the movies like much more cheesy than they are when you see them later, but not this one!

Welcome to the human race...
Not so fussed about the trailer (especially in comparison to the ones for his last few movies), but at least they're keeping it lean on plot...for now. Sony strikes me as one of those companies that could well end up spoiling much more of this than I'd like to know.

It does what it should. A teaser trailer that just gives you a little bit of the style, the approach, the characters and so forth. But not much plot or anything. That's cool.

This could be the movie many QT fans have been waiting for. A more Pulp Fictionesque approach than what he has done lately...

I'm definitely excited. But I was that before the trailer also so......

I would have loved to see Al Pacino in the teaser trailer. He will definitely make an appearance in the Official Trailer.

I predict this movie will be getting so many award nominations next award season.

Also, does everybody realize that this is DiCaprio's first movie since winning the Oscar for The Revenant 3 years ago?

I feel that teaser trailers hold back too much and should give more away, where as the official trailers are often too long and give away too much. I think they should go back to making trailers that are in between the two, like they did in the 90s before.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, but where exactly do you strike that balance between not enough and too much? What would you cite as a good example of such a trailer anyway?

Hmmm, not sure where they strike the balance, but what about 90s trailers, like these:

I want a trailer to tell me almost nothing about the film's developments, and I don't want it to show me most of its best lines, either. I want a premise, and a mood/vibe that gives me an idea of whether I'll like it (not necessary for a QT film, really, though) without telling me anything specific. This satisfies most of those criteria pretty well.

Trailers like I'm describing are increasingly rare, though. I'm convinced I enjoy Nolan's films moderately more than I would because his trailers almost never make the usual trailer mistakes.

What about a trailer like this one:

They don't show anything in the 3rd act pretty much, which is probably good, but they show perhaps too much of the first act, so is that bad, when too much of the first is shown, to the point where it's 'yeah, we get it', compared to the rest?