Sample this Sample

Tools    

You ready? You look ready

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

As if Facebook didn't own enough of the social media sphere they had to go and make an app called BARS. But I will admit, from an IT worker perspective, it is a slick app.

@re93animator @ynwtf @Sedai

So last year I was in a business competition for startups. One of the things I won was a 6 month desk rental. Obviously, covid thoroughly mucked everything up.

But I have the desk now! I still got a lot more equipment to set up and things to test/iron out, but I should start broadcasting later in the month. I’m going to be trying for 3 streams a week (M/W/F), and I think I may make one of those broadcasts a retro/single player gamer hour.

If I can’t make a serious go of this **** in these 6 months then I will probably hang my hat up and just call it a hobby. Wish me luck!

A system of cells interlinked
Good luck!

@re93animator - I feel like I'm starting to develop my sound (vocal/lyrics wise). These last two beats were free non-profit ones. So many things to learn and so little time to learn it. I really wish I knew how to make killer beats like these.

I feel like I'm starting to develop my sound (vocal/lyrics wise). These last two beats were free non-profit ones. So many things to learn and so little time to learn it. I really wish I knew how to make killer beats like these.
I hear your cadence getting better and more confident. Your doing what you can: clocking in more hours. Using loops is cool as long as you’re getting the results you want. I like to mod and cut them up a lot too. For individual sample beats: it might sound shallow, but just having eq, compression, and high quality sample packs could make a big difference. Loopmasters is a good resource (not just loops). A drum machine could help as well (even software ones), especially if you want the samples to sound more cohesive / glued together. The biggest problem I used to have with using individual hit samples is that they sounded so disconnected from each other. I find the above stuff remedies that.

I hear your cadence getting better and more confident. Your doing what you can: clocking in more hours. Using loops is cool as long as you’re getting the results you want. I like to mod and cut them up a lot too. For individual sample beats: it might sound shallow, but just having eq, compression, and high quality sample packs could make a big difference. Loopmasters is a good resource (not just loops). A drum machine could help as well (even software ones), especially if you want the samples to sound more cohesive / glued together. The biggest problem I used to have with using individual hit samples is that they sounded so disconnected from each other. I find the above stuff remedies that.
Yeah, I got a right amount of equipment/software that I need to deep dive into and figure out. I'm just so freaking tired after work. I am thinking, at this point, I just need to pay the local studio guys for a couple hours of lessons to iron out a workflow.

I have some chiptune software that I want to utilize to make a hip-hop album, but I know absolutely nothing about FM synths.