The Blacklist

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Well, I've breezed through all three seasons of this show on Netflix and now am in the unhappy position of having to hunt for the earlier episodes of season 4. My Comcast/Xfinity On Demand starts with Episode 11 because they don't keep current shows all that long. Hulu doesn't have them. The JustWatch app (which I love, so thanks for that suggestion!) seems to list it only as a purchase option, so I may have to break down and purchase the first bunch of episodes in order to watch them without having to wait for this season to end up on Netflix.

BTW, I predicted the twist at the end of season 3 as soon as it started happening a few episodes earlier. And I'm not usually good at predicting stuff like that, so I'm wondering if it seemed as obvious to other people, too.

I'm talking about...
WARNING: "Season 3 finale" spoilers below
Lizzy being alive and well.

Agreed. Plus,
WARNING: "more..." spoilers below
they kept Megan Boone's name in the credits. Ha!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Agreed. Plus,
WARNING: "more..." spoilers below
they kept Megan Boone's name in the credits. Ha!
WARNING: "Blacklist" spoilers below
It didn't help that the media kept telling me about her pregnancy.
Obviously written into the show for her to take some time off.

Suspect's Reviews

I hadn't read that stuff (since I'm only bingeing on this show now), but clearly she was really pregnant at that time. She had that cute, puffy face a lot of us get when pregnant.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Well, I've breezed through all three seasons of this show on Netflix and now am in the unhappy position of having to hunt for the earlier episodes of season 4.
I just caught up to you. I'm not in a hurry, so, I'll wait for Netflix to get season 4. I am not watching it on our Global TV with commercials, I don't have the patience. Also, I just think this is a good binge-watch show.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Well, I've breezed through all three seasons of this show on Netflix and now am in the unhappy position of having to hunt for the earlier episodes of season 4.
I just caught up to you. I'm not in a hurry, so, I'll wait for Netflix to get season 4. I am not watching it on our Global TV with commercials, I don't have the patience. Also, I just think this is a good binge-watch show.
We record the episode and skip the commercials.

So, this show is over now. What did everyone think of this show and in particular, the finale? I think this was a show that had a really good concept in the beginning, and James Spader always did a wonderful job as the central character, but it's just a show in my opinion that suffered because it went on for far too long. They really should have wrapped up who Red was to Liz in two or three seasons, then pivoted to another storyline. Certainly when the character who played Liz left the show, it should have been the end. I can't really understand why they continued for several more seasons after that, as it became a completely different show and had little to no connection to the original premise. Instead, after 10 years the mystery never resolves completely.

Also, I hated the finale. After 10 years, I wanted a definitive answer to who Red is and what his relationship to Liz Keene was, and we never got that. I'm familiar with the hint that was presented, but to me that's a disservice to the fans who watched the show for so long. I also think the way they chose to end Red's time on the show was not appropriate and really wasn't true to his character. It was far too anticlimactic an end for such a larger than life character. Additionally, they left completely unresolved the fates of the rest of the characters that formed the task force, so you never really know how their stories ended.