The Blacklist

Tools    

So who's watching the Blacklist here? I started watching it and I'm enjoying it a lot; I think that James Spader (Raymond Reddington) does a stellar acting job. And just for trivia, he's the guy who does the voice of Ultron in the Avengers film.

Bump - can't believe no one else is watching this.

I've watched four or five episodes of the first series so far and really do like it but haven't been back to it since starting some more television series box sets, will do soon though. Only negative for me, get rid of that bloody wig! Right from the first episode it has got on my nerves, they could have done it better because you can tell it's a wig that the lead actress is wearing.

I've watched four or five episodes of the first series so far and really do like it but haven't been back to it since starting some more television series box sets, will do soon though. Only negative for me, get rid of that bloody wig! Right from the first episode it has got on my nerves, they could have done it better because you can tell it's a wig that the lead actress is wearing.
I didn't notice, I was staring at her rack the whole time

*snicker*

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I love The Blacklist; a cracking good watch. Although it really is James Spader that makes the show. His Raymond Reddington is a terrific character, just a really manipulative b*stard! His relationship with Liz is very intriguing; just a shame the actress who plays Liz can be a bit wooden at times

The big arc episodes can be a bit hit and miss at times but I love the standalone episodes that go into fairly lurid and pulpy territory such as cults and serial killers or face criminals like The Stewmaker.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Started watching this last week.
The series is all about Spader and his character, which is reason enough to love it!

Some of the special effects are.laughable and the acting from most actors has some terrible moments.

I liked the husband being a spy thing too, it lends a fresh element to the genre.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I watched the first season but i thought it got a little repetitive.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

So who's watching the Blacklist here? I started watching it and I'm enjoying it a lot; I think that James Spader (Raymond Reddington) does a stellar acting job. And just for trivia, he's the guy who does the voice of Ultron in the Avengers film.
I watched it for a couple seasons.. (or one really long one...) thought the premise was fantastic but, true to form, it took the express train to crazy town and I haven't been back. no clue where they even are in the story now.

But Spader made what I did see amazing.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
HA! Just saw the Rollo Tomassi plot twist they unabashedly pilfered from L.A. Confidential. I would be angry since LAC is one of my top faves, but I am enjoying the series too much, so I will write it off as a nod to a great film and give them a pass.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I'm considering it. Just two episodes in, so far. Spader is the main attraction for me. I like the fact that I'm not familiar with most of the remaining cast. Good ratings from various sources don't hurt either.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I just started watching this last night. A good friend of mine is a consultant for the show (the computer/tech bits -- but he only tells them whether something is plausible and sometimes they don't listen to him, ha!), and he finally talked me into it. Shows like this aren't really my thing. He said I had to watch the first episode because it's a crazy bunch of twists and turns.

So, I fired up Netflix, intending to watch the first episode.

Five hours and five episodes later, I'm still watching. (sigh)
I hate when he's right.

I'm still grieving over James Spader without his gorgeous hair, but I'll get over it.

If I had to categorize this quickly for someone else, I'd call it Silence of the Lambs Meets Dexter, But Without All the Cannibalism.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The wife and I watch this series. She was a big fan of Alias, so I think that's why she likes this one. James Spader is the main draw for me. However many seasons in right now and they still dance around the main mystery of the show. It can get a bit tedious in that respect. It is definitely an episodic show just like any other in the genre, but the overall arc is interesting enough for me to continue on.

They always pile up on my PVR and I hesitate to watch new episodes because it's just mediocre to me, then I start the episode and find myself playing the next one....then the next one....then the next one. It's a weird thing indeed.

Suspect's Reviews

The Adventure Starts Here!
Finished all 22 episodes of season 1 in about 4-5 days. Just started season 2 today. Still thoroughly enjoying it, and I'm not usually a fan of this sort of show. Spader is carrying it all the way for me. Glad the husband is out of the picture. That lasted just about as long as it could have without feeling reeeeeally forced.

The main family mysteries and dilemmas surrounding Reddington are being handled at a good enough pace to keep me watching, even when an episode's blacklister isn't all that interesting.