The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
From time to time I'll post a fact from the complete list that I thought was note-worthy, surprising or fun. Here's the first one:

Tv Show List Fun Fact # 1 There was a total of 548 tv shows that received at least one vote. That would make for an average of 9.13 tv shows per person. Of course it didn't work out Ike that, but every member had at least one show that they were the only one to vote for.

I've never watched Dragon Ball Z, but I've also never had any desire to watch it.
I've seen a few episodes of Dragon Ball, but it wasn't my cup of tea, so I didn't give Dragon Ball Z a try. Now I've watched quite a few clips from the show and it doesn't look bad, just maybe not my thing.

Apparently this is one, like Blackadder, that imdb has split into different 'versions'.
That's really weird. That makes no sense at all. Even less sense than doing it with Blackadder.

Did people specify which Dr. Who they were voting for, Godoggo? I can't imagine they did as it's all one thing.

Never Mind the Buzzcocks got one point from me. It's gone off the boil a bit since they started getting guest presenters, but it used to be really good.
Buzzcocks lost it when Mark Lamarr left. His piss weak replacement rarely raised a smile, while guest presenters (with a few exceptions) completely miss the vibe of the programme. If Buzzcocks had just been Lamarr or still was, it'd be on my list for sure. It's a definite top 100 for me.

Shame he's leaving and being replaced by the utterly unfunny James Corden. It's a step backwards.
It'll be interesting to see the Americans reaction to prolonged exposure to Corden.

Three I've not watched so far. I tried with Larry Sanders, but it's not my thing. I used to like It's Gary Shandling's Show back in the 80's, but this just didn't work for me. Ditto Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm. I remember when Craig Ferguson was just an actor. I am surprised that The Larry Sanders Show is this low.

That that this has started. + rep all the way, Godoggo.

Also, Room 101 was my one pointer. I'm a little surprised that no one else went with it.

98. Dragon Ball Z 1996 - 2003

So many other, better TV shows out there and we get Dragon Ball Z......

That's really weird. That makes no sense at all. Even less sense than doing it with Blackadder.

Did people specify which Dr. Who they were voting for, Godoggo? I can't imagine they did as it's all one thing.
Imdb has Doctor Who listed as a 1963 version and a 2005 version. Of the lists I received the 2005 version was mostly specified. The information I have has Thursday placing votes for both of them. I don't have her original list, but Jiraffe might.

So many other, better TV shows out there and we get Dragon Ball Z......
You'll probably want to keep that handy.

Let the night air cool you off
Really good to see Ferguson's show here. I don't watch regularly so I didn't vote for it, but I count myself a fan. Completely fresh and unique among the stale talk show format. Shame he's leaving and being replaced by the utterly unfunny James Corden. It's a step backwards.
For real. I was really hoping they'd give somebody a little more unconventional a shot. I guess I just won't watch the show anymore.

Let the night air cool you off
Imdb has Doctor Who listed as a 1963 version and a 2005 version. Of the lists I received the 2005 version was mostly specified. The information I have has Thursday placing votes for both of them. I don't have her original list, but Jiraffe might.
The Doctor Who thing was a bit weird. I wasn't really sure why IMDb had it listed as two separate series, my best guess is because the show went hiatus for some time? I dunno. And as far as the separate votes on it go, I started just counting all of them for the 2005 series, but I planned on just listing it as an all-encompassing type thing. Any error that was made there can be attributed to me.

Can you keep James Corden over on your side of the pond please?

I've seen more Dragon Ball Z than the Late Late Show or Larry Sanders. I don't recall ever having seen those at all, but I remember my kids watching Dragon Ball Z .
Agree about Never Mind the Buzzcocks, I don't bother watching it now whereas we did used to with Mark Lamarr hosting

The Doctor Who thing was a bit weird. I wasn't really sure why IMDb had it listed as two separate series, my best guess is because the show went hiatus for some time? I dunno. And as far as the separate votes on it go, I started just counting all of them for the 2005 series, but I planned on just listing it as an all-encompassing type thing. Any error that was made there can be attributed to me.
That one point doesn't make any sort of real difference. The list would still remain the same.

I can see the Dr Who separation more than I can the Blackadder one. When Dr Who came back after a 16 year gap it was a relaunch with very much a Russell T Davies driven series. OK it was still the Doctor and all the paraphernalia but it was different in style, obviously after all those years. Blackadder on the other hand was written by the same writers and starred the same people. Alright they were set in different time periods but they were in effect reincarnations of their own characters.
Never mind. IMDB rules!

Thanks for that.
I've seen more Dragon Ball Z than the Late Late Show or Larry Sanders.
Larry Sanders used to be on late night BBC2. Same as Arrested Development and Seinfeld, after it's doomed 9pm slot opening.

I could understand the Blackadder one if it was between The Blackadder and Blackadder 2-4 beacuse of the changes in medium, writing, characters, etc. But Dr. Who is Dr. Who, for me. I understand I'm not exactly the right person to see the difference.

Larry Sanders used to be on late night BBC2. Same as Arrested Development and Seinfeld, after it's doomed 9pm slot opening.
All of those completely passed me by. Seinfeld on purpose tho, I saw a couple and didn't get what the fuss was about . Unfunny.

I could understand the Blackadder one if it was between The Blackadder and Blackadder 2-4 beacuse of the changes in medium, writing, characters, etc. But Dr. Who is Dr. Who, for me. I understand I'm not exactly the right person to see the difference.
I'm not a fan either tbh

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Geoff the gay skeleton robot is hilarious.
Geoff is a f*cking legend! In fact the guy that does the voice of Geoff, Josh Robert Thompson , is just brilliant. I love all his voices and bits - Miriam, all the flies, Jerry the Room Service guy etc. And he's brilliantt at impressions, particularly Morgan Freeman. The bits where he gets Craig to crack up are some of my absolute favourites.

Shame he's leaving and being replaced by the utterly unfunny James Corden. It's a step backwards.

His laid-back, truly conversational and entertaining style is exemplified by his interviews with Ewan McGregor, IMO.
I couldn't believe it when it was announced that Corden was going to replace him. In fact I can't believe how popular and successful Corden has got in general. Cannot stand the man. Comes off like such an arrogant, egotistical douche a lot of the time and I think he is just brutally unfunny. There's a show on Sky1, A League of Their Own, that I would probably be a fan of except that I can't sit through a whole episode because he's the host.

Oh yeah and that's reminded me, I love when he has fellow Scots on like Ewan McGregor or Billy Connolly. Oh and I loved his week of shows in Scotland.

It seems like there are a fair few people who wish they'd watched more of him. Well here are a few youtube channels you might like to try.

TVs Craig Ferguson ch2 - I think this has every episode for the last few years though they are each split into about 6 different sections. I'm so obsessed with the show that I've actually been going back through all of these for the last few months or so, constantly got them on while surfing the web. Because of his style the shows are actually quite timeless. His monologues aren't constantly about the latest news stories like Jay Leno so you can still enjoy them even years later.

onechirimine2 - Full episodes for the last while and also some classic ones from years gone by.

Craig Ferguson and the ladies
- A channel dedicated to his inteviews with female guests.

Fergufool - Assortment of clips

I mentioned how I'm going through the old episodes and I just saw this bit last night. It's one of his deliberately daft sketches and then at the 6 minute mark it all begins to break down into a fit of giggles.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Oh and just as my final word on Craig Ferguson, I heartily recommend his excellent autobiography, American on Purpose. It's a very funny, witty, candid and occasionally poignant read.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
SO glad that this started!

25. Eric and Jessie: Game On (honestly I don't know why I like this so much)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
98. Dragon Ball Z1996 - 2003

I've never seen a full episode of "Dragon Ball Z", but I've seen bits and pieces of it playing at comic conventions. I'm not surprised to see it on this list because I know that it's very popular at the cons. (At least the toys sell very well. )