Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Tools    

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Django Unchained was barbaric fun, so I have nothing but high expectations for this.

Miramaz just put up an awesome poll about who you'd like to see in the film, take a look guys: http://www.miramax.com/company/blog/...-hateful-eight

All the ones mentioned in this thread appear to be there, some great suggestions too:

Ian McShane - would be awesome because of how great he is in Deadwood
Robert De Niro - worked with him on Jackie Brown, would be great to see them reunite
Clint Eastwood - a cameo would be the type of thing you'd expect from a Tarantino film
Benicio Del Toro - maybe in a Eli Wallach/Magnificent Seven type role
Daniel Day-Lewis - would be great to see how Tarantino would cast him

Take a look at the rest yourselves. If we're casting older rugged type males as the 'Hateful Eight' then working again with the likes of Keitel, De Niro, Madsen and Russell (who was supposed to be in Django Unchained) makes sense to me.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
"I gave it to one of the producers on Django Unchained, Reggie Hudlin, and he let an agent come to his house and read it. That’s a betrayal, but not crippling because the agent didn’t end up with the script. There is an ugly maliciousness to the rest of it. I gave it to three actors: Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Tim Roth. The one I know didn’t do this is Tim Roth. One of the others let their agent read it and that agent has now passed it on to everyone in Hollywood. I don’t know how these ****ing agents work, but I’m not making this next. I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now. I give it out to six people and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing. I’ve got ten more where that came from.
I hadn’t given it to Christoph, I haven’t given it to Sam Jackson. I gave it to three mother****ing actors. We met in a place and I put it in their hands. Reggie Hudlin’s agent never had a copy. It’s got to be either the agents of Dern or Madsen. Please name names."

Intense!!!

Suspect's Reviews

Quentin, I confess -- I stole your screenplay and gave it to everybody in Hollywood.

I'm still just trying to live up to my Most Controversial MoFo status, so I stole the screenplay for The Hateful Eight and ruined Quentin Tarantino's movie.

Tacitus, please don't ban me. I'll try harder.

Well that stinks...but the collider article I read said he might be interested in doing a prison movie...that could be quite interesting.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

"I gave it to one of the producers on Django Unchained, Reggie Hudlin, and he let an agent come to his house and read it. That’s a betrayal, but not crippling because the agent didn’t end up with the script. There is an ugly maliciousness to the rest of it. I gave it to three actors: Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Tim Roth. The one I know didn’t do this is Tim Roth. One of the others let their agent read it and that agent has now passed it on to everyone in Hollywood. I don’t know how these ****ing agents work, but I’m not making this next. I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now. I give it out to six people and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing. I’ve got ten more where that came from.
I hadn’t given it to Christoph, I haven’t given it to Sam Jackson. I gave it to three mother****ing actors. We met in a place and I put it in their hands. Reggie Hudlin’s agent never had a copy. It’s got to be either the agents of Dern or Madsen. Please name names."

Intense!!!
Damn! He sure gave them an earful. Those stinking bastards deserved it.

Sad, though. I was really looking forward to this.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Part of me wonders if he never intended to make the movie in the first place and this is just a publicity stunt to get people interested in buying the screenplay, which was all he really wanted to do -- just publish a script, but not make it.

Now I realize it's better to just make a movie, but who knows? Maybe he wrote something but didn't actually wanna make it. Or wrote it and then changed his mind and decided not to make it.

He seems like a big baby if this is all true.

Also, I read that he decided to make something else instead because of this, something he had been "full of piss and vinegar" about but now he's gonna just make it.

I wonder what that could be -- I hope it's Kill Bill 3! He just recently came out and said he probably would never make that. Maybe that's what he's been full of piss and vinegar about.

Bastards, always ruining things for everyone else.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Finished here. It's been fun.
It is pretty disappointing that the film is scrapped. This could have been deliciously fun, Django was his first attempt at a western and that was pretty good. Who knows how cool this one might have turned out.

I'm kind of glad,didn't really like Django,hope he gets back to crime. ^^

I think Tarantino will return to the script and T.H.E when he has finished his other script. he said all along he was planning to write another screenplay before he was gonna shoot hateful eight anyway. Sounds like a cool movie and his style translates so well to the western. Django was brilliant.