Song Tournament 3 - Brackets

Tools    

I tried to pick the most bearable rap song ever made, but noooooooo.
You made a poor choice. I usually don't mind Eminem and actually like some of his songs, but that one is just obnoxious as hell.

Eminem is sexy.

His best song, though, IMO, is "Lose Yourself."
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	filepicker_MfRWoNN6SW6N2TNwcss7_slim_shady.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	11506  

His best song, though, IMO, is "Lose Yourself."
I considered it...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

"Mockingbird" isn't bad... but it's slow and sad, and that's gonna self destruct.

Anyways, I was just experimenting with that one. I already figured any rap would have trouble against some of the heavyweights on here. (motherf*cking Star Wars theme!)

Match 4
Barenaked Ladies - Never is Enough (if my barenaked ladies song loses to that garbage starship song, i will be very unhappy)
Be prepared to be very unhappy. Depending on the brackets, We Built This City is exactly the kind of thing that could make the semi's, at least. Especially as it gets a bye when up against crap like The Barenaked Ladies.

Match 1
Manowar - Kings of Metal
Michael Buble - Lost

Match 2
Hedwig and the Angry Inch – Wig in a Box
Chumbawamba - That's How Grateful We Are

Match 3
Lindsey Buckingham – Someone’s Gotta Change Your Mind
Flogging Molly - Worst Day Since Yesterday

Match 4
Starship - We Built This City
Barenaked Ladies - Never is Enough

Match 5
Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch and Alison Krauss - Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby
Burton Cummings - Any Minor Miracle

Match 6
The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright
Amon Amarth - Cry of the Black Birds

Match 7
Iggy Pop - Lust For Life
Paul McCartney - No Other Baby

Match 8
The Beatles - Ticket to Ride
Patsy Cline - Back in Baby's Arms

It's a shame Mickey Bubbles will get through. I can't believe anyone's voting for Paul McCartney with that song.

I've been to Patsy Cline's grave. She's buried not far from me.

Just thought that might make you feel better, Nausicaa.

This is a rough competition this time. I mean, "Imagine" is already OUT for God's sake.

Match 1

- Mine didn't have a chance up against the Beatles.
Sorry about that, but something had to go up against that song and it was random.

Big thumbs up and thanks for voting for both of my noms in this round though. Same to the others who voted correctly.

I'm about to head out (off to the Renaissance Faire again). So again I might be a bit late posting the next set. I don't expect to be too late though as I'm going with a friend who will be bringing her 8 month old son and 3 year old daughter with her. Can't say I'm looking forward to that part.

I just love children.

Let the night air cool you off
1. Manowar - Kings of Metal
2. Hedwig and the Angry Inch – Wig in a Box
3. Flogging Molly - Worst Day Since Yesterday (Disliked both.)
4. Starship - We Built This City
5. Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch and Alison Krauss - Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby
6. Amon Amarth - Cry of the Black Birds (Disliked both.)
7. Iggy Pop - Lust For Life (Don't care for either.)
8. Patsy Cline - Back in Baby's Arms

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Match 1
Manowar - Kings of Metal
Michael Buble - Lost

Match 2
Hedwig and the Angry Inch – Wig in a Box
Chumbawamba- That's How Grateful We Are

Match 3
Lindsey Buckingham – Someone’s Gotta Change Your Mind
Flogging Molly - Worst Day Since Yesterday

Match 4
Starship - We Built This City
Barenaked Ladies - Never is Enough I don't like either song, but the other is probably my least favorite song in the world.

Match 5
Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch and Alison Krauss - Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby
Burton Cummings - Any Minor Miracle

Match 6
The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright
Amon Amarth - Cry of the Black Birds

Match 7
Iggy Pop - Lust For Life-love that song
Paul McCartney - No Other Baby

Match 8
The Beatles - Ticket to Ride
Patsy Cline - Back in Baby's Arms

What happens at a renaissance fair anyways?
Nerds dress in costumes, say things like "huzzah" and "gramercy" a lot, eat turkey legs, get drunk, and watch other nerds do things like dance, juggle, eat fire, sing, perform plays filled with bad, bawdy jokes and charge at each other on horseback with lances while music from Gladiator is played in the background.