Game of Thrones Season 3

Tools    

I liked the episode. Haven't read the books and will happily admit I have only a basic understanding of all the intricacies that are going on but damn, this show is like crack.

lol wut r u even saying lol @ yoda

Anyways, aside from Yoda saying things that make no sense and sleezy not understanding the show/series despite reading the books, here are my thoughts on the episode...

The opening scene was definitely a bit underwhelming. We are left with no explanation of how Sam escaped that massive horde of wights. I'm obviously disappointed that the Battle of the Fist of the First Men was cut, but not shocked. Massive battle with massive amounts of wights[in Iceland] equals massive amounts of time and money. Ghost looks pretty serious, and Mormont was a total bad ass. His mini monologue was pretty chilling.

The Jon Snow **** was pretty bad, and was probably my least favorite part of the episode. Kit Harington continues to suck and be a piss poor Jon Snow, constantly staring off into space. Tormund looks pretty good, although a bit small, but he is way too serious and dark as of now. Will be pretty disappointing if the character stays on that path, rather than boisterous and happy-go-lucky like in the books. The story Jon told Mance was pretty crap, and botched that whole exchange. I currently have no solid opinion on Mance as of yet. He doesn't really fit the bill in appearance, but we'll have to wait and see how his performance progresses. I just feel like there a already a lot of missed opportunities for the character already.

The whole set-up and scene with Tyrion and Cersei was good. Tyrion's hesitations and paranoia were displayed well by both Dinklage and the way the scene was shot. Bronn is very clearly Based, and for now it appears as though he's gonna stick around more than he should. No complaints.

The first Davos scene was shot extremely well. Liam Cunningham continues to put on a great performance as Davos, and the dialogue with him and Salahdor Saan was great.

I'm really glad we get a chance to see Roose right off the bat, and see him actually discussing matters with Robb. The showrunners did a piss poor job with Roose's screen time in the second season, so I really hope they continue to keep him in the light now. People need to know who Roose is. And speaking of Roose, this show Roose is totally bad ass. I'm really loving this Roose. The way he looks at Robb and assesses the situation at hand is great. His expressions say a thousand words. I have a feeling this guy is gonna turn me into an even bigger Roose fan than I already am. Anyways, as far as the Robb's story goes, they continue to botch it up. Them being at Harrenhal like that was strange. And dafuq were Catelyn and Talisa doing there? Just right up in the **** I guess. I almost vomited when I first saw Talisa. And the whole Qyburn thing was odd, but I was glad to catch a glimpse of him finally. I have a feeling he's gonna be a pretty sweet Qyburn.

Now the best scene of the whole episode; Tywin and Tyrion. This scene was perfect. It really nailed Tywin's loathing for Tyrion, and I'm so glad that Tywin is no longer the "lovable cool grandpa" that he was in the second season. Charles Dance is ****ing great. The whole dialogue was great. I loved it all. Every second.
WARNING: "derp" spoilers below
"Brought a whore into my bed" & "the next whore I catch in your bed, I'll hang" OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

I'm pretty 50/50 on the Sansa scene. This friendship with Shae is a bit much, but I'm thankful for their dialogue regardless, because it's showing us glimpses of Sansa's character progression. She is clearly wising up, getting her wits about her, and learning the basics of "the game." I really hope Sophie Turner can do well with my beloved Sansers. Littlefinger still sucks though, and it's not entirely Aiden Gillen's fault. This Sansa **** is way too obvious, way too forced, and way too soon. It's completely out of character for LF. And this Ros ****... kill me. MANAGING LF's AFFAIRS?! A RANDOM WHORE?! What the ****, showrunners. That is absurd. Ros has too large a role, and Shae is not Shae. They are just two more over-empowered, snappy women characters to add to the endless list of botched female characters.
WARNING: "derp" spoilers below
lol shae is gonna be sooooo pissed when Sansers marries Tyrion

The first Dany scene was alright. Drogon is looking pretty ****ing serious. Good evolution of the dragons' growth. Shoot me in the head though, with Dany already bitching about slaves. Fortunately it was only a taste, and nothing more. Yet.

The Dragonstone scene was another one of my favorites. The Mannis looks even better than season, and Dillane impressed me with this one small scene. He has the perfect Stannis ambiance, and is currently nailing his portrayal and progression of Stannis the Mannis. Then the whole exchange/dialogue with Stannis/Davos/Melisandre was pretty awesome; really good acting from all three actors. The Davos attempt on Melly was a little on the silly and rushed side, but it was not nearly enough to detract from such a good scene.

The final scene in Kings Landing was also pretty good, but not without its negatives unfortunately. First and foremost, Jack Gleeson continues to impress me as Joffrey. He has really made Joffrey his own, and although quite different from the Joff in the books, I feel as though he does a perfect portrayal, and even makes the character of Joffrey that much better and more interesting. It's safe to say that Joff is my n*gga. The whole thing with Margaery and the orphans was a bit too much though. It was really over-bearing and forced, and almost got sickening eventually. They literally did that scene in the most in-your-face way as possible. Nevertheless, the audience should now be aware that Margaery is making moves, and is serious (the last bit, when she tells the septa or whatever she was, to come directly to her if she needs any help/food/etc was the only good part of that shiz). The dinner scene was good though. I liked dat. The Tyrells are already pretty sweet, and are portraying themselves pretty well. But anyways, some pretty good dialogue in that dinner scene.

The final Dany scene was also pretty good, honestly. I'm not going to get too comfortable having no issues with Dany scenes, but as of the first episode, they were totally edible. Kraznys is already an awesome ****ing character. I can just tell I'm going to like every scene he is in. + anyone who ***** on Dany is cool in my book. I have no issues with the jump-up in age for Missandei because she still seems timid, and now we get boobies. Win-win, in my opinion. I was also glad we got the nipple decapitation. That was certainly a nice touch. I also have no issues with skipping over all of the Arstan shenanigans. That whole thing doesn't really work with the television medium quite like it worked in books obviously, so no harm no foul in my opinion. I also could care less that there is no Strong Belwas. They can easily introduce him without issues in a later season, and honestly could completely cut him out without really compromising the story.

All in all, I thought it was a pretty good episode, although I can see where many would think it was underwhelming, especially as a premiere. There is a lot of build up involved in this book, and lots of characters to familiarize the audience with. I also thought it was shot extremely well; cinematic-tier.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Ok ive now managed to watch episode 1 4x now, and a crazy theory is a perkolaten.

What if the real reason Tyrions Dad won't give his son jack squat is that he suspects that Tyrion is in fact the bastard son of King Targareon? I mean in those days, Women died from child birth all the time. Seems to me he's using a flimsy excuse to deny the birthright succession thing..

I mean, there are 3 dragons, while will need 3 riders. Khaleesi, the mercenary protector guy that i cant remember his name, and...dun dun dunnnnnnnn

Tyrion.

Ok ive now managed to watch episode 1 4x now, and a crazy theory is a perkolaten.

What if the real reason Tyrions Dad won't give his son jack squat is that he suspects that Tyrion is in fact the bastard son of King Targareon? I mean in those days, Women died from child birth all the time. Seems to me he's using a flimsy excuse to deny the birthright succession thing..

I mean, there are 3 dragons, while will need 3 riders. Khaleesi, the mercenary protector guy that i cant remember his name, and...dun dun dunnnnnnnn

Tyrion.

"Tyrions dad"
"King Targareon"
"Khaleesi"
"the mercenary protector guy"
> basing it off of an episode
> doesn't even understand why Tywin hates Tyrion

Just stop. If that crackpot turns out to be true, it would be series suicide.

Fuggin' Tsoukalos, man.

"Tsoukalos is a 1998 graduate of Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York, with a bachelor's degree in sports information and communication."

Good school but a pretty random ass degree for a "scientist." I wonder how he'd do on an Intro to Astronomy exam...

but for real doe aleenz

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
i dont believe Georgio has ever claimed he was a scientist. like ever. Anyway you are reading way more into the gif than is necessary.

I havent read the books, so i'm sherlocken based on what is presented to me, and my theory is possibly correct.

If it chaps hapax' hide, tough tittays.

lol, how am I reading too much into a GIF just by talking about the guy featured in it? The Ancient Astronaut Theory is a scientific hypothesis. Tsoukalos devoting his intellectual energy to proving that hypothesis technically (hence the quotes) makes him a scientist. Anyway, you are reading way more into my post than is necessary.

OT: Emilia Clarke - good actress, bad, or in between? She seems inconsistent to me. Could be the writing. How much of her dialogue is lifted from the books?

Are you implying Dany isn't going to be killed when everyone realizes she is the Mad King 2.0

PUH!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Are you implying Dany isn't going to be killed when everyone realizes she is the Mad King 2.0

PUH!
Viserys was the crazy one. Dany's actually pretty level-headed, all things considered.

So, no, I don't think everyone's going to realize she's the Mad King 2.0. Because, well, she isn't. I just don't see that entire eastern storyline being lopped off completely.

Have you even a danced with dragons, bro?

She wasn't even level-headed in A Storm of Swords, but she doesn't drop off severely until ADWD I suppose. She is The Mad King 2.0 and sucks even worse than Aerys. She would be an awful queen. Worst case scenario she lives but never comes to Westeros/ stays in Essos.

Viserys was just an idiot.