The Walking Dead Episode Discussion

Tools    

You want to post like me?
Oh, my bad. Nevermind then, about the comics and all that. From what I understand they've already deviated a little, but yeah, that's quasi-spoilerish since I assume the first season will at least mostly mirror the comics.

It'll be interesting to see if it diverges more over time, like, say, Dexter has from its source material.
Oh they simply can't diverge from what I'm thinking about. It's gonna be awesome dude!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
As for the Merle coming back to camp thing... I believe one of the four says something to the effect of "He's heading back to camp to exact his vengeance!" Looking back now, however, that sounds real corny.

I could be wrong, however.

So far, I still like it. Some of it does feel repetitive and the typical zombie storyline, but instances like episode 4's ending, keep me interested.

As for Merle, he will come back, at this point he has to. More than likely, if he hasn't made an appearance in episode 5, it'll be at the end of episode 6. I can see them bringing him in as the cliffhanger.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

with the Walking dead being such a great show you know the season finale is going to be amazing.

Just watched ep 4. Love series where they're not scared about killing off sympathetic characters. You have to stop up your brain from thinking plot holes tho. Wouldn't they have heard that many zombies trampling through the woods up to the camp? It's not like zombies pick their way through the bushes now is it? That aside, it's getting on fine. I've only read the first comic so it's now new plot for me.
Didn't think Sarah Wayne Callies was much of an actor in Prison Break, so am not that impressed with her here either. She has a strangely expressionless face.

Well that preview looked terrific! Ive a feeling the show will better than last years even. Maybe the old writing staff was becoming too Lifetime Movie Networkish with the direction they were taking.

I've just seen the complete first season and enjoyed it alright. I have an interest in where the remaining characters are going to go and how they are going to survive. Never read the comics, suppose I should since I've read complaints about the tv-shows writers on this thread, the show might be cut short, I'll surely need to read them then.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I hate when they split seasons up right in the middle.

New "Walking Dead" Season 2 Details

Thursday September 1st 2011 03:25PM

AMC has just issued a press release about the upcoming second season of "The Walking Dead" and it's a mixed bag. The good news? The season premiere has been expanded to a 90-minute episode for its October 16th bow.
The bad news? The season is being split in half with a two month break between segments. Seven episodes (including the premiere) will air over October/November. The remaining six will then kick off February 12th.
Meanwhile a recent Vulture article has gone into the various budget issues over at ABC and mentioned that this second season of 'Dead' is being produced for $2.8 million per episode, down from the $3.4 million per episode for the first season.

Came across these webisodes: http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TVhRXkhqQ...de-1-a-new-day

Haven't watched 'em yet myself.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Very nice start to the new season. I have mentioned this before, and it still holds true - I have never read any of the comics, so everything that is happening is completely new to me. I was very skeptical after season one, it was a lot of story circles and they didn't get anywhere by the end of the season.

I felt that tonights episode started off similarly. When the girl went missing, I said to my wife, "great. they are starting with a search party, already we are diverging from the plot." But, I felt that it was handled nicely with a lot of tense moments. There wasn't much new character development, but it seems hopeful. The end of the episode left me sitting with my jaw on the floor. The build up was insane if you think about it. Rick makes a decision in the beginning of the episode, it ends up badly so he starts questioning himself to the point where he turns to a quick moment of "God, give me a sign!". What Rick (and myself) identified as the sign...well...wow!

Also, the previews for the upcoming episodes has me pretty excited, they cut it to make it seem like a very promising season. I'm definitely aboard.

edit: suicidal chick was on my nerves the majority of the episode. I also like what Daryl's character has settled down into.

Didn't think Sarah Wayne Callies was much of an actor in Prison Break, so am not that impressed with her here either. She has a strangely expressionless face.

at first, i thought it was because she was playing an emotionally shell-shocked druggie on PB, but youre right - on TWD, it just proves she is just simply void of emotion.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I thought the start to the new season was excellent and hope that they keep this motivation going and keep making excellent shows, IMO this show has the potential to run for as long as it wants.

It was a little stunted in terms of developing a season arc, the trailer seemed to do more for that than anything in the episode. But it's nice to have a zombie show/film that can take a languid pace and develop the situation as much as narrative. Women aren't good in zombie drama, apparently. Too much whining, need decisive badassery which brings on to how well Norman Reedus' character is becoming such a badass. One kinda silly thing that did nag was the zombie that got in the RV, seemed to be acting far too conscious for zombie and took me out a bit.

Spent the end of the episode expecting it to pick up the closer from Book 1, wasn't expecting them to jump ahead to a reasonably recent plot point from the comic series.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
What an awesome start to Season 2! Last night's premiere was absolutely brilliant, so intense! I was completely mesmerized...

And that bit at the end?!?! Totally caught me off guard!

What an awesome start to Season 2! Last night's premiere was absolutely brilliant, so intense! I was completely mesmerized...

And that bit at the end?!?! Totally caught me off guard!
Really? They've been promoting Carl being shot for the last two months...

Anyway, am I the only person who thinks this show is just alright? Don't get me wrong, I'm going to keep watching, but it's extremely standard zombie fare. It doesn't even seem to have the more typical social commentary of other zombie stories. For example, there's more satire and bite (pun!) in the opening credits of Shaun of the Dead than there is in the entirety of The Walking Dead.

However, it's the only Zombie TV show on US TV (that I know of), so I'm kind of stuck watching it to get my on-going zombie fix.

And, yeah Pyro Tramp, the females in this show are just lousy. They're either crying and weeping and terrible with a weapon or they're Lori Grimes. And, if Im being honest, I don't know why Rick was trying so hard to get back to her.

I sound like I'm crapping on the show a bit much, I just want to clarify, I enjoy it, but it's more for the visceral zombie killing and the moments of tension than it is for any of the human drama, and I use the phrase "human drama" extremely loosely.

EDIT: I saw that they are splitting the season in half. I assume they will be running Hell on Wheels during that break. Let me be the first to say that Hell on Wheels looks amazing.