Superman: Man of Steel

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
speaking of which, I've been waiting forever for a pinky and the brain movie.

if they can adapt underdog and the Tick, surely they can adapt that in the live-action/cgi realm.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
if they can adapt underdog and the Tick, surely they can adapt that in the live-action/cgi realm.
The Tick was pure brilliance that was misunderstood and canceled far before its time. Underdog was crap.

It would be interesting to see a live-action take on Pinky and the Brain, however.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Semper Fooey
That's the problem with Superman. He doesn't have many good villains because he's Superman. In the old fifties TV series he mainly just beat up a bunch of ordinary crooks.

Tom Welling even though he is just an alright actor

I can't wait for a this newer Superman. This reminds me of how the Ang Lee directed Hulk film sorta tanked, but then when Edward Norton played the Hulk in the newer movie I was reallyl excited to see it. I know the newer Hulk movie didn't do so well but I really enjoyed it and I hope Edward Norton will be involved in the Avengers movies.

i hear Nolan is thinking of doing a Superman Film. So let me get this straight.

We had the Sequel for Superman Returns (I liked it) but that never came around.

Christoper Nolan thinking of doing his own Superman film

And The Reboot entitled "The Man Of Steel" coming in 2011/2012.

They need to get their head sorted. Focus on The Reboot or Put it on Hiatus until they get it all sorted and levelled out.

Semper Fooey
Maybe Nolan will do realistic Superman. Only Superman has powers, which means like TV series he will beat up a bunch of regular crooks. Oh, I can harldy wait to see that!

Or maybe Nolan shouldn't bother. He did Batman and i don't want to see Nolan tackle another Comic Book adaption. I like Nolan when he is more original and more adapted. Sequel To Inception or another clean cut idea. We will see after DKR.

I can't wait for a this newer Superman. This reminds me of how the Ang Lee directed Hulk film sorta tanked, but then when Edward Norton played the Hulk in the newer movie I was reallyl excited to see it. I know the newer Hulk movie didn't do so well but I really enjoyed it and I hope Edward Norton will be involved in the Avengers movies.
Just FYI, Norton has been replaced by Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner (and motion capture Hulk) for The Avengers, with Lou Ferrigno providing Hulk's voice.

The last I heard (via ComicBookResources.com) Nolan is producing the new Superman film with Zach Snyder signed to direct.

Maybe Nolan will do realistic Superman. Only Superman has powers, which means like TV series he will beat up a bunch of regular crooks. Oh, I can harldy wait to see that!
If that ever happens, I doubt I'd ever be excited to see another Superman movie.

Superman needs Supervillains, just the same way Batman needs his Insane villains.
Nolan better not go for that Ubermensch in a realistic world scenario here...

whats your problem with Nolan ?

The Two Batman films were some of the best in the comic book genre ?
Inception cemented Nolan`s place as a legendary film director.

Seriously he is the future of this business.

Seriously. The End Is Nigh.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Please tell me which of statement above made you feel i had a problem with Nolan.

I love Batman Begins, hence I defended it in another thread when you called it overrrated. A Batman film where Batman shows up in the second half & is still just about as entertaining as any batman film.. Many hated it, but I was one of the few that understood what direction Nolan was taking...

Dark Knight is absolutely brilliant in every aspect & probably the best Batman adaptation. Even though Batman Returns is a personal favourite of mine.

& Yes Nolan is one of the most talented directors now.
But I hate it when people praise that no other director could top Dark Knight.
It might be the best Batman adaptation till date, but his version is not the ideal one.
Bruce was the least interesting character in Dark Knight.

The ideal director for Batman would have been Kubrick. Blending a bit of surrealism with ultraviolent scenes & characters, Insanity to a shocking level & not to forget the gothic costumes.

The ideal director for Batman would have been Kubrick. Blending a bit of surrealism with ultraviolent scenes & characters, Insanity to a shocking level & not to forget the gothic costumes.
That's the kind of stuff I DON'T want in my super-hero movies. Of course, I generally watch movies with my family, with kids ranging from 5-16. They all enjoy comic books and super-heroes, and I prefer super-hero movies we can all watch together. But then, that's how I prefer my comic books, too. I'd much rather read a good "All-Ages" comic (meaning an intelligent, fun story that kids can enjoy as well as adults) than all that "Teen" rated crap (usually meaning excessive violence and sex) they like to produce nowadays.