Superman: Man of Steel

Tools    

Nolan's still doing whatever he was supposed to be doing. I don't think we know how much like a traditional Producer this makes him, but yeah, his role, whatever it was, is still in place. Seems like a really nice balance.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

took the words right out of me mouth.

starting threads just to start threads is lame.

With Christopher Nolan on board to be an advisor on the new Superman remake, who do you think would be a good actor to play the part of Kent/Superman?
OK, enough about the past. Lets take a look at who could possibly fill in the huge red boots of Superman!

Snyder's visuals are a bit overbearing for me. I'm not saying I like a docile camera all of the time but his latest works occasionally verge on Michael Bay extremes. I know I'm likely to get a lot of flack for saying this but, personally, I liked the reserve he displayed coming out of the gates with his Dawn of the Dead remake better than his work on 300. Then again, his showy cinematography might be one of the things Singer's film was lacking in.

For another project I would lean toward someone else but, when it comes to big blue, Snyder might be a fit. As long as the film has its focus in action, and doesn't try to be yet another reboot (with the childhood flashback we've seen a billion and a half times), then I could see a Snyder Superman becoming a big success.

After seeing the trailer for his newest flick, Sucker Punch. I am very excited for the new Superman film.

Vulture spoke with Armie Hammer about his latest film, The Social Network. During the interview, they asked him if he had had his agents call director Zack Snyder regarding the role of Superman. Hammer has been an internet rumor for the part.
Apparently they are looking for an older actor to portray the Man of Steel. Here is what he had to say:
You've made a lot of people's Superman fantasy-casting lists. Did you have your people put in a call to Zack Snyder, who's directing the reboot?

[Laughs.] You know what's funny? I did talk to my people recently about that for the first time, and I think they're going a little older with Superman. I hear they're going 35, 40.

Really? Wow, Jon Hamm will be excited.

Yeah, I don't know what that might mean.
So, just as they said. Jon Hamm has to be the early favorite for the part. I had Jon Hamm as a top candidate in an earlier story. I actually really like the fact that they are going in this direction. It makes me think they are going to go with a more, "don't mess with me or I'll mess with you" type character, as opposed to the, "boy scout" we saw in Superman Returns.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm really looking forward to this one, I want to see a truly awesome Superman movie again, like the first one.

I actually really like Jon Hamm as Superman. Somebody, make this happen!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

King of Couch Potatoes
I actually like Snyder for this. And the talk of an older Superman makes a bit more sense even. Like somebody mentioned more of a jaded older and "life has taken its toll" type Superman. Could be interesting indeed.

Jon Hamm for Superman. He needs to look like your Dad!!

pierce brosnan would be the best suited.

Semper Fooey
Old Superman like George Reeves?

I doubt it.

The Lois Lane/Kent/Superman romantic triangle doesn't work if he is older. On the TV series it was always "Miss Lane" for Superman adressing Lois so they didn't have to worry about that.

Since when did age of the male lead have anything to do with his ability to be paired with a young hottie in hollywood?

Semper Fooey
Old Superman/young Lois messes up the chronology because Lois was a already a reporter when Clark was hired.

&feature=related

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Personally, the thought of Lex Luthor in yet another Superman movie just drives me crazy. The clear choice for a villain should be Doomsday.

What would be a better way to end the Superman franchise than by having the live-action "Death of Superman" storyline? Sure, keep Lex around for whatever reason, but they either need to have Zod or Doomsday as the villain.

That's my two cents. To this date, there are only two Superman films I appreciate, I and II. Everything else is cannon fodder.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Semper Fooey
Brainac also good villain.

It is also possible to get a good story out of Bizarro played straight without the cracked face and then Lex Luthor would work as he created him in an experiment gone wrong.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Henry Rollins as Bizarro Superman might be neat.
It is also possible to get a good story out of Bizarro played straight without the cracked face and then Lex Luthor would work as he created him in an experiment gone wrong.
I forgot about Bizarro. I'm not against Brainiac, but Superman needs an actual threat for a villain, Lex Luthor. If they were to reduce his screen time and put a majority of the focus on Superman and [Insert Villain Here], there would be a movie people want to see.

That's where Superman Returns faltered. Lex Luthor IS NOT a villain, he's the catalyst, end of story. To call him a villain is a slap on the face to other villains trying to make it in this crazy world.