RoboCop

Tools    

The original was good.I haven't seen the sequels, but as I heard,those are bad.This reboot looks awful.

The RoboCop costume is HORRIBLE.

I haven't seen RoboCop since I was a little kid, so I basically have not REALLY seen it since I can't bring the story to memory. I need to watch it on Blu-ray sometime.

According to Director Jose Padilha...

“I love the sharpness and political tone of Verhoeven's ‘RoboCop’, and I think that such a film is now urgently needed. But I will not repeat what Verhoeven has done so clearly and strongly. Instead I try to make a film that will address topics that Verhoeven left untreated. If you are a man that changes into a robot, how do you do that? What is the difference between how humans and robots are developed? What is free will? What does it mean to lose your free will? Those are the interesting issues that I think.”
The things he says are missing from the original which will apparently play a part in the remake are actually a fundamental part of the original film's storyline.
Murphy's heartbreak and confusion over his past life and how to deal with what he has become, and losing free will are a massive turning point and even bigger plot devices throughout the entire film.

So, did Padilha actually watch the original or did he just read the synopsis on Wikipedia?
Idiot.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/2422...robocop-remake

New pic revealed. Apparently this is a prototype RoboCop... which is weird because RoboCop himself was initially a prototype anyway.

Looking at this pic, it also looks like, along with all the other stolen ideas and badly rewritten characters from the original and dodgy original ideas in terms of vehicals seen in my last post, they've now been dipping into the creative department for Halo.

Still not looking forward to this.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'm not excited for the movie, I haven't even seen the original, although, it's on my "To Watch:" list, I just have to get around to it. Nonetheless, I am not raging regarding the look of the new RoboCop, does he look stupid, it's iffy, but he doesn't look any stupider than what he did from the very beginning.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The original was so good and campy. Hope they don't get all slick with the new one. Judging by the photos it doesn't seem the case.....

Abbie Cornish has said that the new Robocop "kicks ass"... she also says it's going to be a "classic"...

... seeing as she's actually in the film, I won't take that as a guarantee.

I just hope they don't mess up trying to emulate what Verhoeven and Neumeier did on the original.

But by the look of the rewritten characters and dodgy looking rip-offs of various other franchises, including Halo and Total Recall, Jose Padhilha already has.

It's still a remake that isn't needed. The original RoboCop is just as significant today as it was 25 years ago.

Citizen Kane could definitely go for a remake. Or, better yet, they could just melt that thing down completely.

Some do... some films warrant a remake, especially if the original has such a promising design that wasn't utilised very well... but any Verhoeven film should be left well alone.

Look at Total Recall and Basic Instinct...

They remade Recall, and made a carbon copy of Instinct and marketed it as a sequel. Both films are absolutely abysmal.

Verhoeven is not only original, but he's genuinely talented... and cannot be bettered at what he does best.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Errrmmm what does he do best?.

Hollowman, starship Troopers, basic instinct, Totall recall.... There not exactly classics. Don't get me wrong I enjoy some of his films, but they are not by all means great.

Soldier Of Orange, Turkish Delight, Spetters, The Fourth Man and Flesh And Blood...

Yeah and the ones you mentioned but ok, they aren't classics in the exact sense of the word but they're better films than anything you could compare them to.

Remaking Verhoeven's work is a fruitless and pointless waste of time, it's impossible to better him.

He's my favourite director. Got 5 of his films in my Top 100... Robocop at #1 as well.

Excellent film maker.

His only slip for me was Showgirls... not keen on that.

They remade Recall, and made a carbon copy of Instinct and marketed it as a sequel. Both films are absolutely abysmal.
I enjoyed the new version of Total Recall(extended edition of the film that is better than the original cinema release), I even prefer it to the original Arnie film. I think it's far from abysmal.