The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

I liked the Anime Batman film just released much more than the Dark knight.

reservoir dogs circa 1881
I might be late with this report but,according to the national inquirer philip seymour hoffman is being sought to play the penguin in next batman sequel and negotiations are currently underway to secure johnny depp as the riddler.This wouldnt surprise me as heath and depp were friends and depp recently filled in for ledger in unfinished scenes on the terry gilliam film he was working on when he died.The only worry is true or not will one more batman be one batman too far?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The National Enquirer? Do they have photos of Batman, Penguin and the Riddler with E.T.s?

Oh wait, that's The Weekly World News!

According to the National Enquirer Larry King died fifteen years ago and has been replaced by a space alien from another galaxy, Laura Bush is a transsexual robot, Paris Hilton's labia cure cancer (which is why everybody visits them so frequently) and there's a kitty cat in Des Moines with the visage of Jesus in its litterbox.

So...you know. Consider the source.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
According to the National Enquirer, Larry King died fifteen years ago and has been replaced by a space alien from another galaxy
That I can believe.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
If its true cool but that papper does seem insane does it really exist?

After The Joker, Riddler seems a bit too close but i have faith in Nolan and as much as i like Depp- he seems like too much of an obvious choice and far too big for the role. Holding speculation on the Penguin but Hoffman again seems like an obvious choice, preferred the slightly left-field choices of Ledger and Eckhart.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Holy crap, Batman! Depp as the Riddler -- there isn't more perfect casting!

He's an obvious choice, Pryo, because he's perfect.

On the other hand, Ledger was not an obvious choice, and look how that turned out.

Wow, I could get real excited about that. But I wonder if Depp would want to do it?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This is total BS. Hoffman was pegged for Penguin before TDK even came out, and Depp was for Joker.

They are just re-using old news.

Suspect's Reviews

Holy crap, Batman! Depp as the Riddler -- there isn't more perfect casting!

He's an obvious choice, Pryo, because he's perfect.

On the other hand, Ledger was not an obvious choice, and look how that turned out.

Wow, I could get real excited about that. But I wonder if Depp would want to do it?
Yeah, it would be perfect but i think he'd end up being bigger than the film, that's what i liked about the understated Ledger. Plus the only image i have of the Riddler is Jim Carrey and to have a Riddler like that Depp would work but i doubt Nolan would go for that, instead opting for a really different version. I hope it was one of the two characters floated as possibilities from TDK.

Hmmm, well, you do have a point, even if it seems to me that Ledger's Joker has become bigger than the film. I think he steals it away from Bale's Batman, but that may have been in the intent since the story sends Batman into the shadows. The first film focused entirely on Bale and his motivations, and this second film focused on the repercussions/reactions to his cape crusading.

I wonder where the third film will go -- will it revert back to a bigger focus on Bale, since didn't Nolan say he was only doing three films? So does he need another bigger than life villian? There needs to be some kind of resolution here for Bruce Wayne's character. I gather the Riddler and the Penguin could create something that causes this resolution...

Sorry, I'm rambling now and not making any sense whatsoever....

And what two possibilities are you referring to?

Hmmm, well, you do have a point, even if it seems to me that Ledger's Joker has become bigger than the film. I think he steals it away from Bale's Batman, but that may have been in the intent since the story sends Batman into the shadows. The first film focused entirely on Bale and his motivations, and this second film focused on the repercussions/reactions to his cape crusading.

I wonder where the third film will go -- will it revert back to a bigger focus on Bale, since didn't Nolan say he was only doing three films? So does he need another bigger than life villian? There needs to be some kind of resolution here for Bruce Wayne's character. I gather the Riddler and the Penguin could create something that causes this resolution...

Sorry, I'm rambling now and not making any sense whatsoever....

And what two possibilities are you referring to?
I heard Riddler could either be Mr Reece (the guy who tried to blackmail Wayne) or the TV reporter played by Anthony Micheal Hall, either one, i don't think they'd take the entire focus like Depp would. Even though the Joker had probably equal prominence as Batman, if Depp was in it, i'd see it becoming his vehicle. The attention would be on him outside the film as much as on screen.

I actually hope to see Catwoman, the love angle has been opened with the death of Rachel and combine some mind games with Riddler think it would good end to the trilogy. Batman has shown his moral depth etc, time for some romance. (Can't believe i'm saying that lol)

Really good points. I do like Anthony Michael Hall, too.

I agree. I think Batman needs a romance in the next film. But, please, there is talk of Angelina Jolie. I don't think I could take it. I'd even think of not seeing it!

*stubborn*

Who watches the Watchbear?
Good catches on "Mr. Reece" and the bad joke on cats, guys!

I don't doubt there'll be another Nolanverse Batman movie by any means, but something I've been pondering lately... when do you think this movie'll happen? Obviously not any time soon. But Marvel's got a massive line up underway with all the separate hero films and eventual Avengers one, an Iron Man sequel, etc...

If I remember correctly, DC has another Superman flick in the works already. So, do you guys think they'll shoot for 10'/11' release for the sequel to compete with the Avengers stuff, or will they try to beat Marvel to the punch? Or perhaps ride on their tails?

Silly speculating, I know, but I can't help but wonder! Should be interesting to watch it all unfold.

Hi,
a friend of mine said they heard a rumour going round that Johnny Depp may be playing the Riddler in a third Batman film if it comes round to being made.

Anyone else heard of this rumour and if so where???

Whilst on the topic of a third Batman film who should be the next villain and also who should be playing them????