THE DARK KNIGHT (Nolan's BATMAN sequel)

Tools    

Just out of curiosity...does anyone on here have extended knowledge of the Batman franchise, outside of the films?

is two face going to apper in the dark knight
Here's the cast of The Dark Knight

Christian Bale ... Bruce Wayne/Batman

Heath Ledger ... The Joker

Maggie Gyllenhaal ... Rachel Dawes

Gary Oldman ... Lt. James Gordon

Aaron Eckhart ... Harvey Dent

Morgan Freeman ... Lucius Fox

Eric Roberts ... Salvatore Maroni

Nestor Carbonell ... Mayor

Anthony Michael Hall...

Michael Caine ... Alfred Pennyworth

A system of cells interlinked
I would think that is before he becomes The Joker, in a mutated and disfigured sense. He probably plays up the mask as his identity, but then something happens that scars him and turns him into a real psycho...

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
I remember hating Batman Begins when I saw it. I'm one of those people that say, Hey! In the original batman film the joker killed his parents. Not some two a penny gangsters. I thought it was rather boring anyway.

However I like the Joker. Plus 'The Dark Knight' sounds cool, seedy and dark. Hope its decent.

The Joker's as he first appears in The Dark Knight...an I DO NOT like it at all!!!

Looks like one of his bank robbing stints before he got his face messed up and added lunacy into the mix. That's about it though.

Thanks for the pic! Looking forward to this one...
Me too, bruv. I'm going to go right and say that this film has four star potential, and is likely to surpass Batman Begins . I hope Nolan show's Batman more as a detective and incorporates even more of the familiar tropes of film noir in The Dark Knight. I'm sure Heath Ledger's casting is a well thought out one.

I'm hoping for a 15 certificate so that theres a bit more freedom in terms of The Joker doing violent and disturbing acts. The reason for this is whilst Nicholson's Joker was charismatic, he lacked the creepiness and unpredicatability that the Joker was well known for in the comics. He needs to be generally creepy but charismatic at the same time...something along the lines of A Clockwork Orange, that's what Kubrick admirer Christopher Nolan is going to aim for. It'll be a homage to his mentor.

Oh, and I also heard that The Joker will sport a 'chelsea smile'. For the Americans that don't know, a 'chelsea smile' is where you face is literally cut to make it look like you've got a permanent smile. Nasty, I know

To elaborate on Chelsea Smile, i thought it was were the corners of your mouth were slit then knee caps bashed in so the screams of pain rip the slits open.

Hope it will be 15 as well, though Begins did well enough on 12a.

To elaborate on Chelsea Smile, i thought it was were the corners of your mouth were slit then knee caps bashed in so the screams of pain rip the slits open.

Hope it will be 15 as well, though Begins did well enough on 12a.
Yup, you're absolutely right. I just didn't wanna get too graphic : )

Begins was alright for a 12A, I suppose. But I did get the sense that Nolan felt restricted, especially when it came to the fear hullucination scenes. I thought that they could have been a little bit more disturbing. That said, the scene stealer was the CGI beast Batman that Johnathan Crane hullucinates. I thought that was quite freaky and random.

I'm surprised that Spiderman 2 only got a PG what with Raimi's 'eye of the dead' sequence where Doc Ocks tentacles start killing everybody.