"Rocky VI"

Tools    

Hey guys, for those of you who haven't seen the official trailer yet, here's a link to it....go check it out: www.movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809278368/trailer

I watched it like 5 times now and I think it looks pretty good...

Originally Posted by natedog4000

I watched it like 5 times now and I think it looks pretty good...
I'd just love to one time at least see Rocky put up some defence instead of using his noggin as a punching bag. Actually, it isnt only him but both fighters in all his movies. Sooooooo annoying at times. Painful to watch.

lol the trailer looks exactly like the trailer for Rocky V once again he comes out of retirement against the odds and fights etc. etc.

www.forumninja.com
Not sure I'm sold on the whole "who would beat whom in some video game simulation, ooh now let's make it REAL" conceit.

I actually enjoyed Rocky V, and am looking forward to seeing this if for anything the nostalgic aura.

Is there a chance Mickey will be able to use the Force and come back to train Rocky? If Rocky is chasing another chicken in this installment, I'm there!!

am I the only person to notice that rocky died at the end of the last movie after knocking out the big russian and winning the title yet again? Even if they did manage to resussatate by some miracle of hollywood what about that permanent brain damage he was diognosed with in the same film with the doc saying one more fight would kill him which it did

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Remy LeBeau
am I the only person to notice that rocky died at the end of the last movie after knocking out the big russian and winning the title yet again? Even if they did manage to resussatate by some miracle of hollywood what about that permanent brain damage he was diognosed with in the same film with the doc saying one more fight would kill him which it did
You are indeed the only person to notice, as it didn't happen.

The big russian? That was the opponent in Rocky IV... which wasn't the last Rocky film...

Originally Posted by Remy LeBeau
That wasn't the last Rocky movie. That was Rocky IV. There's a Rocky V (1990) that came five years after the third sequel. And the character didn't die at the end of that one, either. Thus a new sixth flick. But your fountain of movie knowledge is much appreciated.

Frankly I'd rather see Tango & Cash 2 than another Rocky flick. And to be clear, I wouldn't see Tango & Cash 2 if they paid me, so....
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Originally Posted by KnicksRIP
Not sure I'm sold on the whole "who would beat whom in some video game simulation, ooh now let's make it REAL" conceit.
The computer simulation is an obvious reference to the simulated 'fight' that took place back in the 70's between Rocky Marciano and Muhammad Ali.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Someone needs their fill.
Mickey: ROCKY! YUR SEVENTY FIVE YEARS OLD! YA CAN'T FIGHT ANYMORE! YA CAN'T EVEN CHEW SOLID FOOD!!!

Coach: Ok, he has speed, which you don't have. Or functioning motor skills. Or depth perseption. Now Rocky, you may be deaf in both ears and colourblind, but that don't mean you can't beat him. Let's build some hurt'in bombs.

And yes, Mickey should come back from the dead in the new film, just for the hell of it.

Do I have anything to actually contribute? No.

I was as skeptical as anyone when I heard about ROCKY BALBOA being made. However, having seen the trailer, I have to say that it looks quite brilliant. Considering he's like 60, Sly looks in awesome shape and I know that many insiders are saying that his performance in this is actually the best of all 6 movies.

And, it looks "very" different to Rocky V, because he never actually came out of retirement in that one. He just trained Tommy Gunn. It will be fun, and a little bit emotional to see Balboa in the ring one last time.

James

Awsom 50 - The Online Source for Action Movies

go sylvester....!
if it's true that he's gonna be the screen writer and the director i think it may be a good film far from his last crap movies.

It's bound to be Sly's best film for some time... at least since COPLAND at any rate. Then, there's RAMBO IV to come afterwards

James

Rocky VI... *ROLLSEYES* a thousand times...

Whether it's going to be a masterpiece or not, I'd very much like to see the end of this great movie saga. Rocky.

Originally Posted by I am Jack's broken heart
Whether it's going to be a masterpiece or not, I'd very much like to see the end of this great movie saga. Rocky.
i agree. cant wait to to watch this.

Someone needs their fill.
I guess he really didn't hear no bell.