"Movie Sequel Mania Redux"

Tools    

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Legend of Zorro hasn't been released yet, doll-face.
not to the public, but that doesn't make it impossible to get a copy

Exclusive Comic-Con Poster for 'War Of The Worlds'

'Ghost Rider's' Motorcycle Comic-Con Presentation

Source: ScreenUsed

Aeon Flux Release Date Change

Paramount announced today that they’re pushing back Aeon Flux’s release date. Moving it from a September debut, they’re shooting for December 2. Reason why is unknown at this moment.

Full Trailer for 'Zathura'

Moviefone has the first look at the full trailer for Jon Favreau's latest film Zathura.

To view the trailer click here.

In Columbia Pictures heart-racing sci-fi adventure "Zathura," two squabbling brothers are propelled into deepest, darkest space while playing a mysterious game they discovered in the basement of their old house. On their fantastic journey they are joined by a stranded astronaut and must survive meteor showers, hostile lizard-like aliens, a rocket-propelled robot run amok and an intergalactic spaceship battle. But their greatest peril lies ahead. For unless they finish the game and reach the planet Zathura, they are doomed to be trapped in outer space forever. "Zathura" is based on the best-selling book by the acclaimed children's writer Chris Van Allsburg ("The Polar Express," "Jumanji").

Release Date: November 23, 2005
Studio: Columbia Pictures
Director: Jon Favreau
Screenwriter: David Koepp, John Kamps, Eric Fogel
Starring: Tim Robbins, Josh Hutcherson, Jonah Bobo, Dax Shepard, Kristen Stewart
Genre: Adventure, Sci-Fi
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: SonyPictures.com

3 New 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' Images

Source: [url=http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_4936.html

[CENTER]Batman Begins DVD News[/center]

A source from Batman-On-Film has pointed this site where you can get info on what extra meterial will probably end up on the 'Batman Begins' DVD comes this Fall.

Source: Batman-On-Film

Steve Carrell as the Joker ?

One scooper over at Batman-On-Film says that, "...the studio wants to get someone relatively known, and can do comedy and drama. One guy brought up the idea of, get this now... Steve Carell, star of 'The Office' and the upcoming film 'The 40 Year Old Virgin.' and the studio is starting to like the idea."

For now, Carell joins Lachy Hulme, Paul Bettany, Sean Penn, and several others rumored as a possible candidates for The Clown Prince of Crime in the BEGINS sequel, although I certainly wouldn't bet the house on Carell getting the role. I'm sort of favoring Mr. Hulme and Mr. Bettany of the names mentioned so far, but that's just me and my own opinion. As far as I know, Carell is not one of the actors who are being screentested this Fall or early Winter - so take that for what you will.

Source: Batman-On-Film

Aeon Flux
A video clip for Karyn Kusama's upcoming movie adaptation of MTV's SciFi cartoon series Aeon Flux has gone online at hollywood.com. It's called "Jail Break" and shows how Aeon Flux escapes a prison cell with the help of liquid explosive marbles.

To view the clip click here.

Set 400 years in the future, when disease has wiped out the majority of the earth's population except for one walled, protected city- state, Bregna, ruled by a congress of scientists.
Charlize Theron plays the title role of "Aeon Flux," the top operative in the underground "Monican" rebellion, led by the Handler, played by McDormand. When Aeon is sent on a mission to kill the government's leader (Marton Csokas), she uncovers a world of secrets, which makes her question everything she thought she knew.
To watch the video clip just click here.

"Aeon Flux" is set 400 years in the future, when disease has wiped out the majority of the earth's population except for one walled, protected city-state, Bregna, ruled by a congress of scientists. The story centers on Aeon Flux (Charlize Theron), the top operative in the underground 'Monican' rebellion - led by The Handler (Frances McDormand). When Aeon is sent on a mission to kill a government leader, she uncovers a world of secrets.

Release Date: December 2, 2005
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Karyn Kusama
Screenwriter: Phil Hay, Matt Manfredi
Starring: Charlize Theron, Marton Csokas, Jonny Lee Miller, Sophie Okonedo, Pete Postlethwaite, Amelia Warner, Caroline Chikezie, Frances McDormand
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi
Official Website: AeonFlux.com

Source: Hollywood.com

Lex Luthor Revealed !!!

Superman Homepage has scored the very first look at Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor.

On location at a beach in North Narrabeen (north of Sydney), the photos (below) show Kevin Spacey along with director Bryan Singer and Parker Posey, as Kitty Koslowski, filming scenes for Superman Returns.

Source: Superman Homepage and Guy Finlay (photographer)

'Doom' Teaser Trailer

Doom
IGN Filmforce has just released the teaser trailer for Universal Pictures' live action film version of Doom.

To view the teaser in either Quicktime or WMV, click here.

You can also watch the Doom Comic-Con Panel here.

Millions of devoted fans worldwide have been spellbound by the dark invention of its adventures... have awaited its every incarnation with urgent anticipation... and have devoted countless hours, days and weeks to conquering its hidden mysteries: "Doom".

When the home-computer game "Doom" was first launched in 1993, no one could have foreseen the legion of fans it would create and the mania surrounding its every new permutation. "Doom" and its successive installments have transfixed gamers worldwide for over a decade and have sold millions of copies (while chalking up an unprecedented tens of millions of downloads as shareware). It is, simply, the most explosive home-computer game franchise phenomenon in history.

Now, the game that made history is jumping from computer screens to the motion picture screen: get ready for Doom. Set countless years in the future and told in the hyper- kinetic, kamikaze style that made its gaming predecessor a global phenomenon, the science fiction action adventure Doom takes the viewer to the far corners of the galaxy with a fully-realized vision of a dark and disturbing future.

Release Date: October 21, 2005
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Andrzej Bartkowiak
Screenwriter: Wesley Strick, Dave Callaham
Starring: Karl Urban, The Rock, Rosamund Pike
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Official Website: Doommovie.com

Here to support the villians.......
Jrs you offically rock, thanks for the pics of Spacey as Lex Luthor, I'm pretty stoked now.

Sweet!!, thanks Jason. Always a pleasure

2 new Aeon Flux Posters

Your exclusive first look at 2 new posters for Kary Kusama's upcoming Aeon Flux, which were shown over at this years Comic Con, are now up online. Click over to Latino Review for higher resolution versions.

6 New Movie Stills for 'The Fog'

A New Still from 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'

Ellen Page Cast as Kitty Pryde in 'X-Men 3'

Ellen Page
IGN Filmforce has learned that Ellen Page will play the role of Kitty Pryde in X-Men 3, which director Brett Ratner starts filming next week in Vancouver for a May 26, 2006 release.

Page can next be seen in Lions Gate Films thriller Hard Candy, and she also starred in the TV series Trailer Park Boys.

The site adds that the part of Warren "Angel" Worthington's father has not yet been cast.

Source: IGN Filmforce

'Final Destination 3' Production Clip Online

A source on Bloody Disgusting stumbled onto a cool little production clip from New Line Cinema's Final Destination 3. "It's a nice mixture of coverage for the opening roller coaster scene, along with cast interviews, and musings on the movie as a whole", the source states.

Final Destination 3 will follow the same basic premise and center on high school student Wendy Christensen who fails to stop a roller coaster ride she envisioned would kill her friends. As a result, she teams up with her friend Kevin Fischer in order to prevent the death of the survivors of the first tragedy.

Source: Bloody Disgusting

'Creepshow 3' News

Creepshow 3
Some one calling themselves The Creep wrote in to Creature Corner with some of the first solid news on Creepshow 3 .

Here is what The Creep had to say:

Creepshow 3 - the second sequel to the George Romero/Stephen King original - just completed principal photography on the backlot of Universal Studios. The film is based on the format of the orginal, featuring five new creepy and campy stories to add to the already classic anthology.

The film is being produced by CreepyFilms and is directed by Ana Clavell and James Dudelson (who is also slated to produce the upcoming big budget Day of the Dead remake with Emmett/Furla Films, producers of the recent Amityville Horror and Wicker Man remakes)
A thirty minute teaser will be screened for execs at The American Film Market (AFM) in November 2005.

In the meantime, check out: www.creepshow3.com

Source: Creature Corner

Director Oliver Hirschbiegel to Kidman this Fall

Nicole Kidman
It's a remake of a remake, of a remake of that remake. Yes, you heard me right.. Director Oliver Hirschbiegel's version of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers - this time simply called Invasion – is underway, and Nicole Kidman is set to lead the cast.

First came the 1956 original that was a Cold War paranoia classic, where the doctor in a small American town gradually realised that the residents were being replaced by alien duplicates. Then a 1978 version starring Donald Sutherland where it has generally considered to be that rare thing, a remake as good as the original. There was also a slightly less successful 1993 version by Abel Ferrara, so arguably this is a project destined to be remade regularly, and Hirschbiegel is merely following a trend.

It will be Kidman's third remake in as many years, after The Stepford Wives and Bewitched, but this could suit her better than either. After all, she's actually a rather good screamer, which is really all you want for a film like this. The busy Oscar winner has five other films in various stages of production, and Bewitched about to come out, so it looks like her recent proclamation that she wants a long holiday is going to have to wait a little longer.

Director Hirschbiegel is the man behind 2001's The Experiment, and this year's stunning and Oscar-nominated World War II film Downfall, about Hitler's last days in the bunker. After the success of that film worldwide, it's little wonder that Kidman and the rest of Hollywood's finest are queuing up to work with him.

Filming is due to start in October.

Source: Empire Online

New Serenity Trailer

Apple has added the new full trailer for "Serenity" based on Joss Whedon's short-lived TV show "Firefly". It is presented in it's correct aspect ratio.

To view the trailer choose your connection below:

Hi-Res
Med-Res
Lo-Res

Source: Apple

Director Rob Cohen on 'Stealth' and Sequels

Listening to director Rob Cohen as he chats on the phone from Chicago, you realize that he
Stealth
very well may be an anomaly in Hollywood - a guy who's not looking to walk away from the movie business with the last nickel.

These days it's a foreign precept that anyone who makes films may actually do so because they want to please audiences. That includes Cohen, who has directed movies such as XXX, The Fast and the Furious and Stealth which has just opened this past Friday, then you realize that he walked away from potentially lucrative paydays for sequels to two of those three movies.

"I don't think that sequels are an honorable activity. I'll be really clear with you here. I think that the proclivity to make sequels demeans the entire effort of Hollywood. I think that it brings us down," he said between bites of his lunch.

"I think that it makes the audience not trust. They're so aware that a movie is a sequel most of the time around. `XXX II' was horrible. `Too Fast Too Furious' was horrible, so I'm a happy guy that I didn't do that. I probably gave up millions, but I don't care."
Who does he blame for the current creative conundrum in Hollywood?
"One is the dominance of the multi-national corporate ownership of Hollywood. The second aspect that I think is determining this is the expense and iron grip of marketing because it's so much easier to market a sequel than the first one," Cohen said.

That is why he passed on the opportunity to film sequels to "XXX" and "Fast and Furious," but he didn't abandon the action genre altogether. In "Stealth," he and screenwriter W.D. Richter create a muscle-bound morality tale about technology and war.
It concerns an advanced, unmanned aircraft with artificial intelligence capabilities.

To say that things go horribly awry would be an understatement. But Cohen said that this isn't to suggest that "Stealth" is an indictment of the technological breakthroughs that continue to be made or that things boil down to man vs. machine.
"It's too late for us to say technology won't work and we've got to get rid of it. It's been with us a long time and we're just at a point in history where the tools can go out and do the job without us," he said. "If you built a better machine gun, you still have to be the guy carrying the machine gun. But now you don't have to in a sense.
"The machine gun in this sense can go out and take off, identify a target and take it out. It's not a hypothesis. It's online in Iraq and Afghanistan in experimental forms - it is a question of whether it's a good thing or bad and the movie does examine that very frankly as to body bags vs. the kind of techno war that could reduce it all to video games from reality."

Cohen is clear that he doesn't like war, but what he fears is that we will become too efficient waging it and forget its horrors.
"It's very difficult for me to see war made simpler because it's us and I wanted to show that in this movie. It has an impact on our psychology and war was meant to be terrible and it should be that way," he said. `'We're never going to get rid of it, but it should be basically used very, very, very judiciously because the price that gets paid is enormous.

To read the rest of this article click here.

Source: Mercury News

'Ghost Rider' Footage Online

Footage from Ghost Rider appeared online the other night at MatterMusic.com, yet it was taken off because it was meant strictly for Comic-Con. Sony released a statment explaining:

"This was just a 'sizzle reel' quickly edited with beats for the purpose of showing the loyal comic book fans of Comic-Con only. This is not our trailer. As you know from Comic-Con, the image of the flaming skull and Ghost Rider himself are not in final CG form and still a work very much in process. Ghost Rider only recently wrapped principal photography, and the footage that appeared on this site represents the earliest version of a character that has not been fully rendered.

While we were pleased with the overwhelming enthusiasm the footage received at Comic Con, this special convention piece was never intended for release on the internet. A final look of Ghost Rider is a long way from being realized and we look forward to your feedback more than a year from now when the film makes it way to theaters"

*Note : For those of you who haven't gotten a chance to see the footage, you can check it out in Quicktime here

Source: Countingdown, Rope of Silicon, JoBlo

Exclusive! First Official 'Creepshow 3' Photo Online

As reported earlier here principal photography has been completed on the backlot of Universal Studios for Creepshow 3. Just recently, Bloody Disgusting has received the very first image from the film (see below), which will be shown off at this years AFM. The film is based on the format of the original, featuring five creepy new stories to add to the already classic anthology. Read on for your first look at the movie...

The F/X and make-up on Creepshow 3 was done by one of the new masters, Greg McDougall, an instructor at the world famous Tom Savini Makeup School in Pittsburgh, and f/x man on films such as War of the Worlds, Seed of Chucky, and recent Stan Winston productions.

Source: Bloody Disgusting

'Superman Returns' Street Set Photos

Below are photos that were taken by a source on Superman Homepage on the streets of Sydney during 2nd Unit filming for Bryan Singer's upcoming Superman Returns, which hits theaters June 30, 2006.

You can also check out this clip of a stunt car scene for the film.

Source: Superman Homepage

New V for Vendetta Images

New Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Images

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!

That 3d image on the building is messing with my eyes!

Murphy Returning for 'Sin City 2'

Brittany Murphy
During a recent chat with OK! Magazine, actress Brittany Murphy confirmed that she has been approached to return to the Frank Miller sequel, Sin City 2, directed by Robert Rodriguez.

"I'm absolutely thrilled. It's exciting to be a part of something so big and artistically groundbreaking", says the actress, who played Shellie in Robert Rodriguez's film transfer of the Frank Miller comic.

"I love the film and I'm ecstatic to be working with director Robert Rodriguez and the crew again."

Mickey Rourke, wil also be reprising his role as Marv.

Sin City 2 wil hit theaters summer 2006

Source: Movieweb

'Sahara' 2 is Possible...Though Buy the DVD First

Breck Eisner, director of Sahara, tells About.com that he's confident they'll all be doing a sequel to the adventure hit.
Sahara

"Well, yes, we sure hope to be doing one and I think a lot of that depends on actually how we do on DVD", he says. "You know, we’ve done well box office and we want to continue to do well on DVD. And if all things do go well, because it’s an expensive movie, then we will do another one. There are 18 books so we have a lot of source material to pull from".

So which Cussler novel will the next one be based upon?

According to IGN Filmforce, Eisner stated the studio had contracts for two or three other Cussler stories, and that a script for one of them was already being prepared. He declined to say which one that was; however, he hinted that the next Dirk Pitt adventure might take place in a jungle.

"[The sequels will have] a completely different look. I think it will be more of a jungle than the desert, and more water stuff, but it will be wherever it is. It will certainly be as challenging. And hopefully as exciting for the whole production."

Treasure and Inca Gold sound like good candidates, though there are several other possibilities.

Eisner says the entire cast is contracted - Matthew McConaughey, Steve Zahn, William H. Macy, and Rainn Wilson - to come back, and he's putting his hand up to return to the director's chair.

So will the sequel, currently being penned, be the next thing he directs?

“It depends on the timing. I’m taking another movie fairly soon while we finish developing this movie. Hopefully the plan will be I do another movie while we continue writing and developing and scouting this, and I go into the next Sahara after that.”

Source: Moviehole, IGN Filmforce

Further X-Men 3 Casting News

X-Men 3
According to IGN Filmforce, the official site for 11-year-old actor Cayden Boyd (The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D) reveals that he has joined the cast of X-Men 3.

"Cayden Boyd will play the young Archangel in 20th Century Fox's X3, directed by Brett Ratner. Ben Foster will play the adult version of the same X-Men character."

Reliable sources have advised IGN FilmForce that the character will only be known as Angel in the film, not Archangel.

In related news, Master Sang Koo Kang, a world-renowned, sixth-degree master black-belt instructor, "is trying to negotiate a role in the forthcoming X-Men 3."

Finally, Halle Berry has revealed her reasons for doing X3, advising the press, "I learned a long time ago that you have to be part of the commercial life of this business if you want a long career. And to be able to do the art movies, the movies from the heart."

Source: IGN Filmforce (via)

Marvel's Movie Update

Here's the recent Slate for Marvel's 2nd Quarter:

X-Men 3 - Production starts in August, release May 26, 2006
Marvel

A report recently stated that the first trailer is due around December, possibly with King Kong.

Ghost Rider - Filming completed, release August 4th, 2006

Filming has been completed and the trailer shold be released in a month or two.

The Punisher 2 - Script near completion, release Fall 2006

Thomas Jane has say he has begun to regain his weight from the previous, already gaining 12 pounds. He has also stated that production hopefully will start at the end of this year or the beginning of 2006. As well, a report supposedly reveal some factors about the next movie, such as the strong possibility of Jigsaw as the villian and the title "Punisher: War Zone".

Spider-Man 3 - Near pre-production, release May 4th, 2007

Church is a clear shot for some villian (leads point to either Sandman or Kraven), yet Grace's possible role is really too hard to call. Production should start in January 2006, and filming should be completed by June or July 2006.

Namor - Director, release 2007

The only progression in this project is a director, Chris Columbus. Beyond that, the speculation on who will don the role is still going strong, with names like the Rock, Jude Law, and even Matt Damon.

Iron Man - TBD

The project has been put on a hiatus, despite the efforts of Gough and Miller, the writers of the script. The last cast news was Tom Cruise's response that he would really enjoy the role, yet his films were in the way. New Line Cinema could just be waiting for the oppurtunity for Cruise to play Tony Stark.

Luke Cage - TBD

John Singleton recently talked about the progression of the project. In regards to news of Tyrese Gibson playing Cage, Singleton said that he has told Tyrese that if he wants the role, he better pack a lot of muscle. Despite this, Singleton still has Gibson as the top choice, and even stating he would want Terrence Howard to play Diamondback, the nemesis of the film. The delay is that he's just not sure what the company wants to do.

Silver Surfer - TBD

Expect some news from this project. Arad and Fox want to work on this project almost as a lead-up to the Fantastic Four sequel.

For the rest click here

Source: Dark Horizons

Full Trailer for 'The Legend of Zorro'

MTV has added the new full trailer for the The Legend Of Zorro starring Antonio Banderas, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Rufus Sewell.

To view the trailer click here.

The Legend of Zorro hits theaters October 28th.

Source: MTV

New French Poster for Transporter 2

Director on What to Expect in 'Underworld:Evolution'

Director Len Wisemen spoke with SciFi Wire recently about how he only agreed to return to the project if the studio let him do a different movie than the original. Here's what he said:

"I sat down with the studio and said, 'Look, I'd love to do Underworld 2 if it's a completely different movie. And I want a whole different tapestry and environment.' And I had no interest whatsoever to just do the first movie over again with different effects and different settings and all that. And I was able to do that, and they were really behind me in going a lot of different directions than maybe they even felt comfortable with, but I wanted to make such a different type of film. That's what interested me."

He also mentioned how the look of the creatures, especially that of the werewolves will be more wolf-like and feral (pic below) compared to the first. You can expect Selene (Kate Beckinsale) to be more emotional and "human" this time 'round. You can also view some new behind-the-scenes snapshots here.

Source: Upcoming Horror Movies

New Underworld: Evolution Pics

To see more images from the film go here.

'The Brothers Grimm' International Trailer & Exclusive Pics

The website Allocine has just added an international trailer for Terry Gilliam's upcoming feature film The Brothers Grimm with Matt Damon, Heath Ledger, and Monica Bellucci.

Also, french website actuacine (via Blackfilm.com) has posted new and exclusive images from The Brothers Grimm, which you you can check out below.

Sources: Allocine and actuacine (via Blackfilm.com)