The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Christine glad you liked it! Did you watch the older B&W Outer Limits from early 60s or the latter one?

I have all of the 60s Outer Limit on DVD. I like to get the 1995-2002 series.
I watched some of the B&W ones on youtube, but I think some of the ones I saw were old B&W Twilight Zone

You know what I find interesting about the old Outer Limits is was heavily influenced by the times that it was made. Many of the alien threats on the show come in the form of conspiracies. You can really since the Red Fear of the early 60s in that show.

I had PC problems before this finished so i was unable to comment on the top two.

The Simpsons was as high as 9 on my initial list, but after thinking about it i decided not to include it. Not sure who it was but someone brought up the point that everyone complaining about The Simpsons consistency probably hasn't watched it since the 90's. No idea if this is the case for anyone else, but i can insure everyone that i've seen plenty of Season 11- and the show has been approaching unwatchable for years. Season 2-10 was some of the finest tv ever produced (Season 4 and 6 in particular is something i could watch at any time) .

Clearly this will receive backlash but South Park has flowed alot better imo at least, it's went from the weak point of the show S1-3, to the peak S4-12, and S13- has managed to squeeze into the middle quality-wise with the occasional classic. Which outside the genius of Trey and Matt is due to them changing the formula of the show, something The Simpsons have stubbornly avoided doing. I mean how long was the family having an adventure littered with Pop Culture references ever going to last? As i've said elsewhere The Simpsons has morphed into a show without a heart, that seems more like a vehicle for comedy writers towards bigger things.

I'll post my thoughts on Breaking Bad either later or in the next few days.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I just realized I never posted my own list.

1. Lost
2. Friends
3. My So-Called Life
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5. Angel
6. Little House on the Prairie
7. Big Vang Theory
8. The X-Files
9. Will & Grace
10. ER
11. Roseanne
12. The Office
13. The Muppet Show
14. King of the Hill
15. 30 Rock
16. The Office (USA)
17. M*A*S*H
18. Game of Thrones
19. The Wire
20. Breaking Bad
21. The Walking Dead
22. Hannibal
23. The Mindy Project
24. Futurama
25. Charmed

I was the only one to vote for My So-Called Life.
So sad the Muppet Show didn't make it. I didn't figure many people would vote for Little House on the Praire, but it's such a great iconic show.

Breaking Bad is an excellent show, but in hindsight i think i may have had it a little bit too high at 11. While i loved it i haven't had a desire to rewatch it since it finished, and whoever it was that said it wouldn't top a list in five years brought up a very interesting point.

Anyway my list:

1.The Sopranos
2.South Park
3.Mad Men
4.The Wire
5.Sons of Anarchy
6.community
7.It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
8.Arrested Development
9.Dexter
10.Lost
11.Breaking Bad
12.Deadwood
13.The Shield
14.Twin Peaks
15.The Good Wife
16.Batman TAS
17.Only Fools and Horses
18.American Horror Story
19.Fawlty Towers
20.QI
21.Curb Your Enthusiasm
22.The X Files
23.The Killing (US)
24.The Twilight Zone
25.Friends

The only one i'd change now is The Killing, in hindsight i think i only included it because it wa the show i was into at the time. I'd probably include Frasier or Peep Show in it's place.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I was one of the people that said that, but now I'm not so sure. Number one, I doubt it unless they can't come up with some hot new show in the next five years, but maybe the top ten still. I think maybe I underestimated it a tad.

I continued reading a bit after I was done with the list and I think the newness of it factored into it's number one position somewhat, but I think it will stand the test of time better than I once thought.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I just realized I never posted my own list.

1. Lost
2. Friends
3. My So-Called Life
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5. Angel
6. Little House on the Prairie
7. Big Vang Theory
8. The X-Files
9. Will & Grace
10. ER

7. "Big Vang Theory"?

Is that the vampire version of "The Big Bang Theory"?

I was one of the people that said that, but now I'm not so sure. Number one, I doubt it unless they can't come up with some hot new show in the next five years, but maybe the top ten still. I think maybe I underestimated it a tad.

I continued reading a bit after I was done with the list and I think the newness of it factored into it's number one position somewhat, but I think it will stand the test of time better than I once thought.
I think it would still be top 10 in say five years, but if this list was done the year after The Sopranos or The Wire was done they would've both fared much better and had a strong chance at #1 imo.

Out of interest will this list be added to the List section Yoda?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
So what I said about True Detective earlier was completely wrong. Great show, would have made my list for sure. I've bought Twin Peaks too and The Wire, will be watching them at some point.

Edit, also bought Firefly. Great show, can someone explain to me wtf Fox were thinking cancelling it?

mine is
1,WandaVision
2,Loki
3,Greys anatomy
4, station 19
5, 9-1-1
6, 9-1-1 lonestar
7, american horror story
8,CSI
9,CSI:New York
10,CSI: miami
11,Sabrina the teenage witch (90s version)
12,friends
13,dawsons creek
14,LOST
15,Shadowhunters
16, ghost whisperer
17,TRUE BLOOD
18, BONES
19,heroes
20,crossing jordan
21,buffy the vampire slayer
22,ANGEL
theres alot more my favorite tv shows lol

Seperate lists for animated and sitcoms ofcourse, I also keep my boxers and socks in different drawers.

Honorable mentions:

Mad Men
Black Mirror
Hell on Wheels
Magnum, P.I.
MacGyver
Into the Badlands
The Good Wife
Boss
Fringe
The X-Files
Justified