Good proceedural shows

Tools    

I'm not a huge fan of proceedurals, I like shows like Breaking Bad and Sopranos where the plot and characters keep progressing throughout the entire show, rather than entire plots crammed into 45 minute blocks.

What are some good proceedural shows out there though - Bones has a pretty funny cast, though the lead actress who the show's named for is pretty stiff and the least entertaining character on the show if you ask me.

House was also pretty good - Hugh Laurie was a very good actor, reminds me a lot of RDJ.

What about Law & Order? I loved that show, as well as the one spin off, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. However, I wish they'd get over it now. Law & Order was easily my favorite.

What about Law & Order? I loved that show, as well as the one spin off, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. However, I wish they'd get over it now. Law & Order was easily my favorite.
Law & Order never really did it for me, but it's been so long since I've seen it - I might rewatch some older seasons and see if my taste has changed, thanks

The first few seasons of the original CSI, I loved Grissom. Does The Wire or The Shield count? If so those are two of my favourite shows, and you should really check them out Ace.

Decent UK police ones are Prime Suspect, with the lovely Helen Mirren . The Sweeney holds a place in all Brits hearts but I don't know your taste, maybe too dated for you as its from The 70s

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Criminal Minds and NCIS were both pretty good until they started recycling themselves.

Person of Interest. Hands down.

Worth noting that it's a procedural with major serialized elements, particularly as the series has gone on (which isn't too unusual). But it's still moderately procedural, and it's very much so in the first season.

Can't recommend it enough. Great acting, great high-level concept, fun writing. And a really, really impressive, patient approach to world-building. They introduce so many interesting secondary and tertiary characters over the first season or two, and they get to pop back up as needed later on.

Other than that, probably Elementary. It's not pure Holmes or anything, but I find the mysteries to be considerably more thoughtful and inventive than on most other crime shows. Ideas that would form the entire plot of a lesser Mystery of the Week end up being just one plot turn in a typical episode.

Criminal Minds and NCIS were both pretty good until they started recycling themselves.
There's so much NCIS to catch up on. Any seasons or episodes of NCIS you recommend? What about the LA or New Orleans spinoffs.

Person Of Interest was OK. I fell out of it when they changed it's time over here. I was already recording two things at the times it was shown.

I'd recommend Elementary, too. I really enjoy that and think it's improved each season so far.

Prime Suspect wouldn't really qualify, would it? It's not a series of 45 minutes episodes. However, if you want stuff like that, then Cracker is a must.

Law and Order and SPVU were the only ones I found good. The CSI shows I found all pretty dull, haven't heard of person of interest thgouh I am not into American live action as I was couple of years ago.