My Hero Academia Live-Action Film

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Legendary Pictures is developing a live-action film version of Japanese manga My Hero Academia, which revolves around a young boy who unlike his parents, was born with no superpowers. When he receives powers from his longtime idol, he is accepted to a superhero training school.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-works-1154874

Seems interesting!

Manga publisher Shueisha is also involved with the film, but I am hoping creator Kohei Horikoshi will be involved in some capacity. Otherwise, it's not going to look good.

At least Michael Gracey has made it clear he will NOT do the Naruto live-action film without the creator's input.

Shinsuke Sato (The live-action Bleach and Gantz movies) will make his English-language directorial debut on the MHA live-action films.

is that one of the anime movies? i seen few of the pop vinyls of it when i went to the shop other day
Yes, it's one of the most popular manga and anime series today. The anime has 4 seasons so far and two feature films. This is about a live-action adaptation of the franchise.

Yes, it's one of the most popular manga and anime series today. The anime has 4 seasons so far and two feature films. This is about a live-action adaptation of the franchise.
thought so cause i remember seeing few episodes of it ages ago, what year did it came out?. i havent seen the films yet =/. they shouldnt do live action. attack of the titans did live action i think =/ i only saw first one =/

The trick is not minding
Much like how the US has been adapting comics to film, Japan has done likewise with manga adaptations.

As mentioned previously, Attack on Titan, Parasyte Maxim, Rurouni Kenshin, Blade of the Immortal, Death Note and Bleach have all received the treatment, with various degrees of success.

Some of these have also been nominated for Japans various awards, some equivalent to our Oscars.

Much like how the US has been adapting comics to film, Japan has done likewise with manga adaptations.

As mentioned previously, Attack on Titan, Parasyte Maxim, Rurouni Kenshin, Blade of the Immortal, Death Note and Bleach have all received the treatment, with various degrees of success.

Some of these have also been nominated for Japans various awards, some equivalent to our Oscars.
Attack on Titan is getting another live-action adaptation. Andy Muschetti is set to direct it for Warner Bros. I think he might be working on this after "The Flash".

Rurouni Kenshin is the best live-action adaptation of manga and anime.

Fullmetal Alchemist also has had the live-action treatment.

Have any of these live-action anime remakes ever been good? I gave the Bebop one a fair shot and it was meh at best.

Have any of these live-action anime remakes ever been good? I gave the Bebop one a fair shot and it was meh at best.
Rurouni Kenshin is one of the best ones IMO. The entire five-film saga is definitely amazing. They definitely did the action scenes right and Takeru Satoh made for an excellent Kenshin Himura. The first, fourth (The Final), and fifth (The Beginning) are on Netflix.