Chinese palace

Tools    

It is a movie about some chinese emperor, or something like that. I remember only one scene: a princess is sitting in a carriage and there is a curtain around the window. Servants are kneeling around the carriage. The princess suddenly pulls the curtain and one of the servants accidentaly looks into the princess. Knowing that it is forbidden, she (the servant) blinds herself with her fingers. I also remember another scene (although I'm not sure it is from the same movie): there is a battle between two armies inside some palace, and there is a flower garden, which gets destroyed in the battle. After the battle, servants restore the garden in a very short period of time (I think there were mostly yellow flowers).

I thought it is "The Last Emperor (1987)". However, I watched the entire movie, but there are no such scenes.

I just watched "Curse of the Golden Flower (2006)". It contains the scene with the battle, but it doesn't contain the scene with a servant blinding herself. It's apparently a different movie.

Unfortunately, I don't remember anything else. But maybe it's not a chinese movie. Maybe not even an asian movie. I'm not really sure anymore, but for some reason I believe the carriage was decorated in chinese style. But I may be wrong, it may be some western movie. The scene is pretty unique, so I expected that "whatismymovie" website can find it automatically, but it didn't help.

Maybe "The Emperor and the Assassin" (1998) ? How old is your movie?

It's not "The Emperor and the Assassin" (1998). It's also not "The Great Wall" (2016).

Not sure about the release date. It may be in the interval 1980 - 2010.

I just watched "Curse of the Golden Flower (2006)". It contains the scene with the battle, but it doesn't contain the scene with a servant blinding herself. It's apparently a different movie.
To clarify, this means the memories are likely from two different films? If so, we might need to try to parse out which things are from which to avoid false negatives.

Here is the summary.

A princess is sitting in a carriage and there is a curtain around the window. Servants are kneeling around the carriage. The princess suddenly pulls the curtain and one of the servants accidentaly looks into the princess. Knowing that it is forbidden, she (the servant) blinds herself with her fingers.

This scene is from the movie I'm looking for. It's none of the following movies:
  • "Curse of the Golden Flower" (2006)
  • "The Last Emperor" (1987)
  • "The Emperor and the Assassin" (1998)
  • "The Great Wall" (2016)
There is a battle between two armies inside some palace, and there is a flower garden, which gets destroyed in the battle. After the battle, servants restore the garden in a very short period of time (I think there were mostly yellow flowers).

This scene is from "Curse of the Golden Flower" (2006). I mistakenly thought it's from the same movie as the carriage scene.

Is it possible the blinding scene could be from a Japanese movie? They have strongly held traditions which could cause that action.

Yes, it could be a Japanese movie.