Hockey Talk: NHL Thread and stuff

Tools    

I think Nashville got the better end of the deal. Both are signed long term, and their cap hits are nearly identical. Subban is a few years younger, which likely means he will remain in his prime longer than Weber with the Canadiens.
that's what everybody said about Nicklas Lidström and Scott Niedermayer... and Lidstrom win a Norris at 40 years old I don't say that Subban wasn't a good defenseman he was pretty good but he has a lot of turnovers and he was a distraction in the room. Weber is a leader and he won 2 gold medal with the Canada and also he's way better defensively than Subban. I do really think that we are better with this trade as a team and I'm way more confident for next season. The only thing we missing is another Top 6 Forward and we probably gonna sign one in the UFA.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
that's what everybody said about Nicklas Lidström and Scott Niedermayer... and Lidstrom win a Norris at 40 years old I don't say that Subban wasn't a good defenseman he was pretty good but he has a lot of turnovers and he was a distraction in the room. Weber is a leader and he won 2 gold medal with the Canada and also he's way better defensively than Subban. I do really think that we are better with this trade as a team and I'm way more confident for next season. The only thing we missing is another Top 6 Forward and we probably gonna sign one in the UFA.
Do you still feel that way after The Finals?

Just bumping this to say:

PENGWINS.
Boo!

Good thing Sidney Crosby didn't lift The Wales Trophy and jinx The Penguins.

He skipped touching it that first time and they lost to Detroit, so he's touched it each time since and they've won the Cup. IIRC.
Yep, idiotic superstitions. Now maybe they can stop with the playoff beards thing. Some of the guys from The Sharks look like ZZ Top. Oh and if it is a playoff beard, start growing it with the playoffs and not in October.

And stop throwing crap on the ice.

Do you still feel that way after The Finals?

Just bumping this to say:

PENGWINS.
Boo!
They would have done the same with Weber man

I don't know why Pittsburgh made this out to be such a heinous crime. Anyone who follows college hockey, specially some of the Ivy league schools that have rivalries with other schools, knows this isn't something new. Specifically, the throwing of fish isn't. Pittsburgh fans just look for any reason to bitch and showcase their bandwagon knowledge of the game.

Seems like literally every fan base accuses every other fan base of being on the "bandwagon" when they win. Kinda like how every team thinks they get away with fewer penalties than average.

Anyway, I don't know about "heinous crime," but you don't need to be ignorant of the various fish-tossing traditions to find them gross, or silly. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that should be thrown on the ice are hats.

I don't know why Pittsburgh made this out to be such a heinous crime. Anyone who follows college hockey, specially some of the Ivy league schools that have rivalries with other schools, knows this isn't something new. Specifically, the throwing of fish isn't.
I love to watch hockey. Fans throwing crap on the ice isn't a part of the game. I also hate the fans that stand up, turn around and wave at the camera, people pounding on the glass, green men, banners, and noise making devices.

Pittsburgh fans just look for any reason to bitch and showcase their bandwagon knowledge of the game.
I didn't know Don Cherry posted on here!

You've got red on you!
Go Wild! I lived as a kid in MN and was big into the North Stars (I'm still bitter, btw, Dallas). I watched the opener and the President of Finland was there to throw the ceremonial first puck this year. Thrilling! :P

I'm on the east coast now but can't shake my home town team, no matter how they do.