Alien: Romulus

Tools    

Been announced that a, erm, 5th?, or maybe 7th? Alien movie is in the works...
It'll be a standalone movie, not connected to the stories of the originals or the spinoffs...

Fede Alvarez... the guy behind the awful Evil Dead remake/sequel/reboot, the dreadful remake/sequel/reboot Girl In The Spider's Web, the terrible remake/sequel/reboot Don't Breathe 2, the critically panned godawful Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake/sequel/reboot that was released this year... is writing, producing and directing.

No release date yet.

Iderno ...... you make this sound so ...... enticing

A system of cells interlinked
Blimey, no...

I like Alvarez enough (I think Don't Breathe taps into that classic grindhouse atmosphere better than expected, and his Evil Dead remake is admirably sadistic), but he doesn't scream Alien to me. But I also like the franchise's strategy of giving entries to wildly different directors and have enjoyed all the entries (in the main series, so not AvP), so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

BREAKING:

The working title for the Fede Alvarez' Alien film is ALIEN: Romulus. The film is set to begin another leg of shooting in February 2023 at Origo Studios in Budapest. Thank you to our friend Inge for the scoop.

More information found here.

#FedeAlvarez #origostudios #alien #RidleyScott #xenomorph #Romulus

https://productionlist.com/productio...Q2b1I2N5yn0088

BREAKING:

The working title for the Fede Alvarez' Alien film is ALIEN: Romulus. The film is set to begin another leg of shooting in February 2023 at Origo Studios in Budapest. Thank you to our friend Inge for the scoop.

More information found here.

#FedeAlvarez #origostudios #alien #RidleyScott #xenomorph #Romulus

https://productionlist.com/productio...Q2b1I2N5yn0088

It's called "breaking news" because Alein fans are breaking their DVD's in anger at a sequel to Covenant, while I'm here with booze telling 'em they're not invited to the party.

**** it, I’ll watch this or just about any Alien-adjacent movie. I’m dumb that way.

Welcome to the human race...
It's called "breaking news" because Alein fans are breaking their DVD's in anger at a sequel to Covenant, while I'm here with booze telling 'em they're not invited to the party.
Are we so sure this is a direct sequel to Covenant? Considering how Scott himself directed Prometheus and Covenant, I'd be surprised if he was handing the reins to somebody else all of a sudden (though I suppose he did do that with Blade Runner, but him doing three movies in the Alien universe implies that he's less likely to do so). Still, subtitling it "Romulus" does give it the same ancient history vibe as the others so who knows, maybe that is the case - if so, I'd really rather he was doing it than Alvarez (whose Evil Dead I do like, but otherwise...nah).

The truth is in here
Sorry, but Ridley Scott does not deserve another Alien movie after Alien: Covenant. If even the original director doesn't know how to handle the franchise anymore, what are the odds someone else will?

the Word Romulus somehow, gives me Star trek vibes somehow, it s weird, having an alien related name to be already in another scifi franchise...

Sorry, but Ridley Scott does not deserve another Alien movie after Alien: Covenant. If even the original director doesn't know how to handle the franchise anymore, what are the odds someone else will?
I think I am one of very few people who really liked Covenant...

In regards to Fede Alvarez directing a new Alien movie, I'm looking forward to see what he brings to the table. The only movie of his which he directed that I have seen is Don't Breath and I really liked that movie. I have heard positive stuff about his Evil Dead remake also... so I'm optimistic at the moment.

I think I am one of very few people who really liked Covenant...

Yeah I don't get the hatred for Covenant and Prometheus...Prometheus was the best 3-D IMAX I ever saw and Covenant wasn't as good as Alien and Aliens but it was better than Alien3 and Resurrection. It's a solid franchise I think fans are just really picky.