Sherlock

Tools    

JLM looks alright but was anyone else getting the sense the creators couldn't hold the laughs back as they tried justify it's existence with some nonsense to avoid saying it's a knock off.

No ****, Sherlock.

You should've known that when it was announced and, if not then, then surely once they made Watson female.
As soon as I heard they were making it and setting it in America, that's when I didn't care. I haven't been worried at all.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Watson is gonna go *******! Cannot ****ing wait.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I already know how he survives....

Still looking forward to it.

Suspect's Reviews

You mean literally, or in the sense that they've clearly laid out like half-a-dozen quasi-explanations (the homeless army, the morgue lady...) that they're hoping we all accept as adding up to one actual explanation?

Finished here. It's been fun.
This is a good show. Question though? Moriarty isn't really dead is he lol? That clever little maniac is too smart for that.

So what did people think of the new episode? I thought it was great, just as good as the rest. Loved the first 5 minutes LOL.

I loved John's reaction especially given what John was in the middle of doing.

Spoilerish beware!

Wonder who the mystery man at the end was? Moriarty's father would be epic!

The actual explanation for the fall was fairly good, and massive LOL for the 2nd explanation.

Worth the wait!

Finished here. It's been fun.
I'm going to watch the new episode some time this week. I can't wait to see how Sherlock was able to survive.

i'm sorry, but can I just say that i dont get the craze over sherlock or benedict cumberbatch? the show is middling at best, nothing to rave about in my opinion

Episode 1 and 2 were wasted on Sherlock's return + Wedding. Ep 2 was lol bad. Episode 3 was a return to form but quite a long way from the high points of the series.

My episode ranking;

S2 E1
S2 E3

big gap

S1 E1
S1 E3
S3 E3

big gap

S1 E2
S2 E2
S3 E1

big gap

S3 E2

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Ok, I just have to get my 2 cents in on Series 3. I though it was brilliant. All three of the eps! Every one.

I love this show so much. Words cannot express how glorious I think it is. The writers love the source material, and while some complained on twitter that Sherlock was being too "human," the truth is, he does in the books. He obviously becomes a different man through his friendship with John.

This series was all about these two men and how they've developed. I thought the wedding episode was such a great one in its exploration of what Sherlock would do for his friend. There wasn't much of a mystery involved, but that drunk scene made up for it.

I also want to say that I'm so surprised by how much I care about Sherlock. When he was ------

SPOILER -----

shot, I was so upset. I also thought that 10 minutes of TV where he was shot was the best 10 minutes of TV I think I have ever seen. I care about this character so much and he can be such a sh*t at times but it doesn't matter. Cumberbatch is amazing.

Anyway, I love this series with a passion I don't often feel for a TV show. Both of these men are just too great at what they do.

Watch Martin's face and eyes when he realizes Sherlock has returned. Wow. What a performance. And Benedict is soooo funny.

Hey Tramp - welcome back.

Agreed that season 3 was enjoyable. They definitely humanized Cumberbatch's Sherlock, and surprisingly enough, Mycroft as well. I felt like the show went from being loosely arced one-offs to a seriously intense straight arc, and I'm not so sure I like that as much. It's not that I don't like it, more that the kind of arc they began in season three (loosely in season 2) requires a more character driven plot, rather than basic (if interesting) procedural. I imagine this is why they have to flesh out Sherlock's psyche and motivations, and I quite enjoyed that they opened the show to include his parents and Mycroft. I have a strong impression they will keep Mycroft as a staple and foil to further humanize Sherlock.

Monk was so Sherlock ("If you think I'm smart and anti-social, wait until you meet my brother - that guy makes me look normal!")

I also love how they're both so passé about their parents, but their mother turns out to be a genius. I'm still waiting on the big reveal about their dad (who claims he is a moron compared to the mom .... uhm. yeah right.)

Here's the thing: the john storyline was going to ultimately get boring because they married him off too soon. Mary is outstanding, but once they finally settle down to domestic bliss it will be back to procedural episodes. That is, unless they spice up Sherlock's life.

And they are trying. Valiantly.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/sherloc...050000515.html

season 4 coming in 2016 - apparently they feel they have enough material to go for awhile, but getting the lads together is the biggest problem.

other high points:
1. they always meant to bring Moriarty back - it wasnt a wild fanservice plot device
2. they mean to use Doctor and Mrs Hudson more
3. more women to be added

and ...drumroll please.....

Gatiss said that as the show continues, "It's about keeping it new" and introducing new characters, as well as continuing "Sherlock's gradual humanization."

ion - i never liked moriarty in the first couple of seasons but now that he's been gone - after that cameo I realized how much I missed him. Good thing he's coming back!

Wildly entertaining show. The third season had a couple of issues, but it was certainly the best, because each of the first two had significant lulls. This didn't really dip much.

So, I'm definitely looking forward to the new season. But I'm not looking forward to the inevitable part--just like in this past season--where I have to bite my tongue and try to look past whatever convoluted non-answer they have for this latest resurrection, though. It seems like they work backwards from the thrill of the surprise and don't really mind if there's a plausible explanation for it in place. They'd rather have that moment of shock upfront, whatever it costs them in narrative integrity next year.