Flash Gordon (1980)

→ in
Tools    

Arresting your development
When I place cans in the little hole in the recycle bin at work it reminds me of that one scene...

then my hand gets sticky from some kind of sloppy soda mess.

That's when I have to wrestle someone on a circular platform with deadly spikes poppping out.

Retro cheese.

Why no mention of Brian Blessed? Vultan owns.

Actually Vultan (Brian)is one of my top 3 fav' characters from this film. The casting is excellent here and no one manipulates rubber spikes better than Brian, I mean no one!

I need to watch this again... 'twas always great fun....

I miss Nony...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
now this one's a true classic, i don't know if someone might do a remake of this film then it would be exciting... remeber KRULL and WILLOW... nice to reminisce to good all films.....

Today is the birthday of Flash Gordon's titular actor Sam Jones. He turns fifty-four today. Sammy was never much of an actor, and even though starring stiffly in this cult hit has made him immortal in a small way, the rest of his career has been completely uneventful. Now he's just a trivia question.

But in honor of his birthday...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sam and Melody have both had a pretty lacluster acting career, and honestly he does not have much with the reason I love the film. Sydow and Dalton and Brian Blessed easily out peform both. Even so there is a bit of chemistry there between "Dale and Flash" and like you mentioned he will probably not be rembered for much else unless of course you have that Playgirl spread.

Sodding things up comes naturally to me!
bring on a reboot and lets see it back on our cinema screens again!

well maybe reboot was the wrong word, would just like to see another Flash Gordon movie

I love the original too, dont get me wrong, but saying tha,t I loved the Batman orginal too, then look what Chris did with Batman Begins and Dark Knight.