The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I have no idea.

Um...............

I hope Jason and the Argonauts at least made the list somewhere around this point. No one mentioned it other than me so I have no idea how many people would have voted for it.
dammit. Here goes the start of me realising how many favourites I've left off my list. Serves me right for rushing

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I predict I will have seen about 20% of this list.

I keep changing my mind whether I should reveal the #101 film or not, and I think it was harsh that it didn't make it considering it got the same amount of points. So to get it out of the way...

It was:

101. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

(Chuck Jones & Ben Washam, 1966)

Son of a...

2nd (24 points)
That was me.

I had Murder a la Mod at #25. it was just a coincidence that it ended up there, but i was glad it did so it could get some recognition, and it's 1 of 2 movies on my list that i was sure wouldn't make it. I think it's actually my favorite de Palma film. I don't remember a lot about it but I remember there's one sequence at the end that's just sheer brilliance and really exciting filmmaking.

The Trial was my #22. I watched it right before the deadline and thought it was real good.

The Trial was pretty interesting, very original. And I've not seen Black Sunday

A system of cells interlinked
dammit. Here goes the start of me realising how many favourites I've left off my list. Serves me right for rushing
Hey! That's my bag, baby!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

As per MoFo tradition, these are the one point films. Films that only appeared one one persons list, and in the 25th spot on that list.

36 Hours was my 1-pointer. It's a shame that more people didn't watch it. It's a very good movie.

Am I the only one who choses for the 25th pick a less known movie that won't make the list at all but that I'd like to see somehow represented on this?

Not me. My 25th pick was a genuine #25. I wish it could have placed higher on my list.

If you want another reason not to watch it, it's based on a B. Traven story.
Like I said, I'll check it out sometime. Maybe your likening it to Bunuel films is off the mark. Maybe it turns out it was like them in ways that don't really matter, and unlike them in ways that do.

I watched The Trial, but I thought it was only okay. It never had a chance at making my list.

I would have loved to have found room for The Grinch on my list, but there just weren't enough spaces on the list.