The MoFo Top 100 of the 80s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I forgot to mention that it puts Harry Lime to shame as well.
Hater.

Hey, did you vote for Three Crowns of the Sailor too?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

it happened. bluedeed's post was right next to skepsis's and i was being sloppy as usual.

by accident, i actually posted it for a split second earlier today too. i'm a mess.

Did you look at my post above?
Do you mean the post with the videos? If so, I hadn't, so I went back and played the first and last. The first, as it's the song of theirs I like the most and the last, as you recommended it before the others. I still don't understand your point. If it was that it's not your normal concert footage/movie, I agree. However, it's still a band playing music and, in this case, music I don't like much, so I wasn't going to enjoy it. With the second song, I actually turned the sound off about halfway through and, as I thought, it made it better, but I still wouldn't want to sit and watch it all like that.

I expected both these films to make the list, and I thought both would be higher, I haven't seen either, but am particularly interested in watching more of WOODY Allen 80 films. I have seen four of his 80s movies, and one made my list.

I thought that you would be happy to know that I voted for The Dark Crystal. If you want to PM me about how good the movie is, you can do that anytime you want to Sexy.
Thanks. Well, I really don't care for The Dark Crystal at all. In fact, surprise, surprise, I don't think I've seen it. But I did think it was a big movie of the '80s that more people adored. But then I realized - this is Movie Forums. People here would rather watch The Dark Kimono.

For those who haven't seen it, Stop Making Sense is more than a concert film. Jonathan Demme directed it in his best David Lynch mode

Yeah, I knew that movie looked like a pretentious ass' wet dream.

That comment alone warrants my first act of Mannequin terrorism:

Just reading the title now I have that damn song in my head.
Good. It works. Thank you for the confirmation.

There should have been a movie about Starship instead of Talking Heads.

Maybe I'll use other '80s songs along the way. I could make a nice horrible soundtrack to the '80s countdown.