RIP Kevin Conroy - the voice of Batman

Tools    

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Actor Kevin Conroy died yesterday at the age of 66 after a battle with cancer.

He earned a full scholarship to Julliard in 1973 where he was roommates with Robin Williams.

Although he had started out his career as a theatrical and television actor throughout the 80's, appearing on Cheers, Another World, and numerous made for TV movies, he transitioned to voiceover acting in 1992 when he was cast as the lead in Batman The Animated Series.

Although Conroy performed other voice roles over the years, he reprised his role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in television shows, movies, and video games, appearing in over three hundred episodes/titles.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Oh no!

Batman TAS was one of the best cartoon series ever produced - and out of all the movies and other media, it gave us probably the most definitive Batman ever placed on film. Kevin was a major part of establishing this definitive Batman that most of us came to think of as the one true Batman. No matter who's playing him, in our hearts and in our heads, Kevin Conroy will always be the voice of Batman.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Oh no. I loved him as the gruff voice in Batman TAS which imo was the best animated and possibly live action version of the caped crusader ever portrayed. RIP to the true dark knight.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Sad to hear of his passing. I loved his voice as Batman on the animated series. His was the definitive voice of Batman, even surpassing the films, IMO. Godspeed, Kevin.

I loved his voice in Batman. sad to hear of his death

Damn! I didn't hear about this and just happened to be watching a video on YouTube about the success of the Batman animated series with Conroy. I'm still watching it and have saved it to my favorites. But now I'll be thinking about this loss as I watch him talk. Godspeed, Kevin.

Late to the party... yeah. This sucks.

I grew up with Kevin as my Batman, and was one of the lucky ones to view the original series when it was first aired.

I had all the toys, vehicles, and all the bedsheets... the wallpaper, the gadgets...

My Batman, my Bruce Wayne.
My hero.

RIP, my Dark Knight.

---

I made this in Hero Forge a few weeks ago when the news broke, and yesterday they released a bunch of new decals so I made a new one with the Bat Symbol on it

https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D35646579/