American paranormal/supernautral/suppense film

Tools    

From what I can remember, the film came out prior to 2005 for definite. The film revolved mainly around the father and son. I'm pretty certain the father had an office in his house and I think the father wore lumberjack clothes. That's really all I can remember though I will add anything else when it comes to mind.

The Amityville Horror (remake) came out in 2005. Could this be what you were looking for?

Do you know what 'prior to 2005' means?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Do you know what "polite" means? People just trying to help.

Maybe is it "Frailty?" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264616/

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Do you know how incredibly often people screw up the details of their questions? All the time. Even the things they say they're sure about.

Also, your English sounds a little choppy, so it's entirely plausible that it's your second language, which means you might have only meant it was made prior to 2005. And since it doesn't actually hurt anything to throw a suggestion out there, it's actually the smart thing to do, just in case.

Also, you're not entitled to assistance, so stop being rude to someone actually trying to help you. I'm sure not going to be racking my brain now.

Do you know how incredibly often people screw up the details of their questions? All the time. Even the things they say they're sure about.

Also, your English sounds a little choppy, so it's entirely plausible that it's your second language, which means you might have only meant it was made prior to 2005. And since it doesn't actually hurt anything to throw a suggestion out there, it's actually the smart thing to do, just in case.

Also, you're not entitled to assistance, so stop being rude to someone actually trying to help you. I'm sure not going to be racking my brain now.
My English is fine, and no, it's not my second language. It might seem a little weird though, after all, you are American so your 'version' of English is basically dumbed down. Oh, by the way there's no need to make some words italic, after all I do understand what point you're trying to make.
By the way, it's 'films, not 'movies'. Pathetic.

Derivative does not mean the same thing as dumbed down, guy, and there's no formal distinction between "films" and "movies" in your version of English or mine that would serve as the basis for a correction. Though seeing as how my reply didn't even contain the word "movies," it's not really clear what point you think you're making, anyway.

What's actually pathetic is lashing out angrily when someone confronts you about your manners.

I wondered about that, but he also said "movies" rather than "movie." Of course, he forgot a closing quotation mark in the middle of correcting me, too, so perhaps I should have built in a little margin while interpreting his petulant response.

And, of course, we're still left with the fact that the distinction is imaginary.

Derivative does not mean the same thing as dumbed down, guy, and there's no formal distinction between "films" and "movies" in your version of English or mine that would serve as the basis for a correction. Though seeing as how my reply didn't even contain the word "movies," it's not really clear what point you think you're making, anyway.

What's actually pathetic is lashing out angrily when someone confronts you about your manners.
Is it? I asked that girl a simple question, yet it's somehow impolite. Here in the UK, 'film' is correct. And British English, or should I say English, isn't a version. American English isn't dumbed down? 'Colour' to 'color', 'behaviour' to 'behavior'. It pretty much is. Did I say you said 'movie'? No.

Bye, I'm going to go and find a site worth posting on. Seeing as you think a simple question was 'rude'. It really is a shame the British Empire lost that war against the traitors.

Is it? I asked that girl a simple question, yet it's somehow impolite.
It's impolite to be curt with someone who is ostensibly trying to help you. You'd have to be completely socially inept not to understand this.

Here in the UK, 'film' is correct.
Based on what? Show me the authoritative source from which you make this claim.

And British English, or should I say English, isn't a version. American English isn't dumbed down? 'Colour' to 'color', 'behaviour' to 'behavior'. It pretty much is.
I don't think you know what "dumbed down" means, then. It refers to things that are less intricate or sophisticated than the thing they are based on. And I'd really love to hear you try to explain why the ultimately arbitrary decision to use "ou" rather than just "o" makes a word less sophisticated.

Did I say you said 'movie'? No.
Just a completely pointless aside, then? Nice. That definitely doesn't make your response seem even huffier.

Bye, I'm going to go and find a site worth posting on. Seeing as you think a simple question was 'rude'. It really is a shame the British Empire lost that war against the traitors.
Ah, but we did. Tough toffee. Go cry into your powdered wig, Ringo.

A system of cells interlinked
I see from your ability to remember all those details (read: almost none) as well as narrowing down the period the "film" was made (read: anywhere from 6 billion years ago to like, 2005 and stuff, dude) for people you are asking a FAVOR from, that you must indeed have superior social skills. That was your point, right? Look... italics!!

Also, your keen research on the site has you thinking this is an exclusively American site, when in fact we have at least as many folks from other countries that are regular contributors to the site.

Then you act as if we were somehow rude to you, when the post time stamps and content clearly show the opposite.

Since you are 0-3 so far, perhaps you would like to take a nice, long stroll on a short pier.

Here, maybe you can help me figure out a film title?

It's a film, and the guy wore a shirt. People were in it.

Aw, you don't know??? Knob!

Ah, but we did. Tough toffee. Go cry into your powdered wig, Ringo.
Hilarious, you seem to think you won it alone. Yet Spain, France and Holland helped. Americans really are a bunch of ignorant, arrogant pricks. You all seem to know more about religion that history. The majority of the so-called 'Founding Fathers' fought for their 'liberty' yet had slaves. How hypocritical. I suppose you won't have to live on this planet long, after all, you more than likely have heart disease. You then struggle to live as the medical fees almost bankrupt you and then you're homeless. Ha, your country is so ****ing ****. It's built upon treason, hypocrisy and lies. I suppose you'll ignore all of that so you can go on pretending you live in the greatest country on the planet.

Aaaaaand banned. I doubt anyone is surprised.

Aye, we did not win the Revolutionary War alone. Of course, nobody said we did (congrats on winning arguments with imaginary clichés), which made your little rant sound more than a little prepackaged. Protip on arguing: you have to reply to what people actually say. Otherwise you sound like a confused, angry person. You are a confused, angry person, of course, but you want to prevent people from realizing that as long as possible.

But yeah, you totally rocked my world by drawing a distinction between lofty ideals and the hard reality of human frailty. Thank God that you, some random antisocial teenager, have become the first person to ever grapple with the terrible dichotomy between what humanity is and what it strives to be. Everything changes now.

Definitely. Just as soon as we all finish processing the philosophical and historical bombshell he just dropped on us. I think I need some time alone to think about it.