The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Two films I haven't seen in a very long time, especially Almost Famous, which I pretty much don't remember at all. Obviously, they didn't make my list.

Seen: 5/12

My ballot:  

I think the hints are too easy and should not be posted. There. I said it. Might just be me I don't know.

Other than that great job so far Thief. You have added a lot to the countdown and I like it a lot. But I just see the hints as a subtraction.
Thanks. I have no strong feelings one way or the other about hints, but I thought people would enjoy taking a stab at it. I admit that I really didn't give much thought to the Juno one, so there's that also. We'll see how to make it tougher

Two that I haven't watched in a very long time.

I liked them both but remember Almost Famous more fondly, probably because of Hoffman, and would like to see it again. Juno I don't think I have much interest in returning to, but maybe someday.

Could have sworn I had "Almost Famous" on my list. Alas, it must have been one of my final cuts. Great Soundtrack!

Loved "Juno", but couldn't really have two Ellen Page vehicles. could I?

Welcome to the human race...
No votes. I don't care for either of these films - you can dig up a 3/5 review I did of Juno forever ago, but I ultimately ended up putting it on a "worst 100" list not too long after that (and while I'd admittedly not put it on there again, I cannot sanction its buffoonery). I'd argue Almost Famous is a slightly superior film, but I really don't f*ck with anything Cameron Crowe's made outside of Say Anything (though I suppose this is a distant runner-up).

Yay, a first doughnut free day for me. Phew, I can breathe out now.
Remember enjoying both but voted for neither, a little surprised Almost Famous is not a bit higher.

Seen: 5/12 (Own: 4/12)
My ballot:  

Faildictions (millennial edition v1.0):
88. Dear Zachary: A Letter To A Son About His Father (2008)
87. Kung Fu [Kung Fu Hustle] (2004)

While I remember frequently seeing Almost Famous on the shelf at the video store, I don't think I ever picked the case up to look at it.

If I had only watched Juno once, I would've just been unimpressed with it. But as it stands, I actually despise the film. The first time I saw it was when it was new on DVD. My room mate had seen it and enjoyed it, so she convinced me to watch it. A couple years later, I had to rewatch it for a film class, and that viewing made me dislike it (and having to write a paper about it probably didn't help haha). Then I had the same professor for a different class, who wanted to cover Juno again and I absolutely hated it. I don't think it's actually deserving of my contempt and vitriol, but I just can't stand the film anymore.

Seen: 4/12

My List:
08. Mother (2009) - #96
25. Bon Cop, Bad Cop (2006) - 1-pointer

Glad to at least be the first to call Juno, even if I failed miserably at the second guess.

Haven't actually seen either, but I know a fair bit about Juno to get it right. Having said that, I'll likely end up watching Almost Famous by tonight because I'm already familiar with Cameron Crowe.

I like Almost Famous quite a bit. Some great scenes and I think Cameron Crowe's best. Glad it made it but it wasn't on my list. Juno is decent, I have nothing against it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think the hints are too easy and should not be posted. There. I said it. Might just be me I don't know.

Other than that great job so far Thief. You have added a lot to the countdown and I like it a lot. But I just see the hints as a subtraction.
I feel the same way too. The Juno thing felt pretty obvious and while nobody will believe me Almost Famous crossed my mind and I haven't even seen the movie.

More importantly, the hint certainly eliminates certain films from appearing. I'd rather go back to the hint free reveals.

Ah two movies I saw once, didn’t understand the hype for, and never watched again.

Almost Famous was #32 on the MoFo Top 100 of the Millennium List while Juno was #53. Both still make the cut, neither as popular here as they once were. Which was in large part my argument for redoing the list, in addition to the non-decade format. Which movies truly stand the test of time?

I like both of these movies, voted for neither. I liked Juno much more upon its release, and while its stylized dialogue gets all of the attention the characters are what draw me in. Almost Famous is the one that seems to get better and better with repeat viewings for me, especially since I have started singing in bands myself. It would be just outside my top fifty for the decade.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Have seen so far: 2 - Seen Juno, not a fan of the movie really, it was an okay movie
Have not seen so far: 10

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Juno is the third I've seen. I like the movie but it's been a heck of a long time since I've seen it so don't know if I'd feel the same.

Almost Famous is another blind spot for me.