My Favorite Non-Human Movie characters

Tools    

Roger Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Roger is a "toon" who has been framed for murder and has a human detective (Bob Hoskins) trying to prove it.

Point raised. Lol But according to Dr. McCoy, he has a Vulcan physiology.

A bucket of anxiety

Melman, Madagascar

Melman (voiced by David Schwimmer) is a neurotic giraffe on all sorts of medication who is not happy that he has to leave the zoo when Marty the zebra (Chris Rock) takes off.
The first thing I said to my soon to be husband was that his voice reminded me of this character (which it didn't help that he's tall)

A bucket of anxiety
I haven't seen the remake of Doctor Dolittle yet because the trailer didn't make it look interesting, but that guinea pig is adorable.[/quote]

I might be the kid gloves talking but I have fond memories of it.

Jacob, Dr. Dolittle

Jacob (voiced by Albert Brooks) was a neurotic circus tiger with some health issues that have him trying to throw himself off a bell tower.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Roger Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Roger is a "toon" who has been framed for murder and has a human detective (Bob Hoskins) trying to prove it.

Roger Rabbit isn't my favorite movie rabbit, so I hope there are more rabbits later in this list, but I agree that he's a great character.

Top Cat is top!

Zootopia, Toy Story, take your pick!

Alex, Madagascar

Ben Stiller provided the voice for a self-absorbed lion who absolutely loves his life at the zoo and is not too thrilled about leaving it behind when his best friend, a zebra named Marty (voiced by Chris Rock), escapes from a zoo because he wants to try life in "the real world."

Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story

Buzz (voiced by Tim Allen) is a toy astronaut who threatens to take over for Woody (voiced by Tom Hanks) as young Andy's favorite toy.

The Cowardly Lion, The Wizard of Oz

Bert Lahr stole several scenes in the 1939 classic playing a lion who is encouraged by Dorothy (Judy Garland) to ask the the title character for courage.

Lumiere, Beauty and the Beast

The late Jerry Orbach provided the voice for this character, a candlestick (who technically might be human because he's a human under a curse) who serves as Belle's guide to getting along in the palace of the Beast (voiced by Robby Benson).

Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story

Buzz (voiced by Tim Allen) is a toy astronaut who threatens to take over for Woody (voiced by Tom Hanks) as young Andy's favorite toy.

Tim Allen was great as Buzz Lightyear, and I love how he still includes in-jokes about being Buzz Lightyear in some of his other shows. (There was an in-joke recently in his show "Last Man Standing" when his daughter made a comment about how she didn't know how her father (played by Tim Allen) already had a copy of Toy Story 4. )

The Cowardly Lion, The Wizard of Oz

Bert Lahr stole several scenes in the 1939 classic playing a lion who is encouraged by Dorothy (Judy Garland) to ask the the title character for courage.

I like The Cowardly Lion, but I hope there are some other characters from The Wizard of Oz who will appear later in this list.

i like dogs and robots.

Cujo, Cujo

Five different dogs were used to create the most terrifying canine onscreen ever...I got chills just posting this image. This story of a seriously rabid dog who traps a woman (Dee Wallace Stone) and her son (Danny Pintauro) in a car scared me so badly I can never watch it again.

Ursula, The Little Mermaid

Ursula (voiced by Pat Carroll) is an evil sea witch who agrees to make a mermaid named Ariel (voiced by Jodi Benson) human in exchange for her voice.

I probably would put the Cowardly Lion in my own personal top 5.

But it is fun to see who you are coming up with . Never would have thought of ones like Lumiere- good one.