My Favorite Non-Human Movie characters

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Is that Twiki from "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century"? Wasn't that a TV show, or did it also have a movie?
It most certainly is and it was actually initially a theatrical released fillum that then spawned the tv series.

I used to watch the TV show, but I don't think I ever saw the movie. I'll have to check that out. (I love the theme song for "Buck Rogers".)

Jolly, Kiss Me Goodbye

Some may debate as to whether or not a ghost is human but those I say, make your own list. Jolly (James Caan) was the ghost of a deceased Broadway director/choreographer who decides to haunt his widow (Sally Field) when he learns that she's getting remarried.

I never would have thought of Jolly for this list, but he's one of my favorite characters, and Kiss Me Goodbye is one of my favorite movies.

Maximus, Tangled

Maximus was the faithful steed of the dashing Flynn Rider (voiced by Zachary Levi) and aided in Flynn's pursuit of Rapunzel (voiced by Mandy Moore).

China Girl, Oz: The Great and Powerful

China Girl (voiced by Joey King) ends up assisting Oz (James Franco) in his battle against three witches and his mission to get back home.

Hooch, Turner and Hooch

Four different dogs were utilized in this story of a police detective (Tom Hanks) who moves a dog into his home with him who was the only witness to his owner's murder.

Hal, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Not a fan of this movie, but not including Hal on this list would be wrong. Hal was voiced by an actor named Douglas Rain.

Ursa, Superman II

Sarah Douglas was sexy and sinister as the master criminal from Krypton who, along with two other Kryptonian criminals, break free of their outer space prison and go straight to earth to get revenge on Superman (Christopher Reeve), the son of the man who imprisoned them.

The Terminator

Melman, Madagascar

Melman (voiced by David Schwimmer) is a neurotic giraffe on all sorts of medication who is not happy that he has to leave the zoo when Marty the zebra (Chris Rock) takes off.

Melman, Madagascar

Melman (voiced by David Schwimmer) is a neurotic giraffe on all sorts of medication who is not happy that he has to leave the zoo when Marty the zebra (Chris Rock) takes off.

I love Melman in Madagascar. Great choice.

Subway Ghost, Ghost

Vincent Schiavelli made the most of his brief role in the 1990 box office smash as a ghost haunting a subway train reluctantly agrees to help the recently deceased Sam Wheat (the late Patrick Swayze) learn how to use his newly acquired ghostly powers.

Winged Jaguar, Coco

This immensely scary creature was one of the few characters on this list whose allegiances seemed to change throughout the movie.

Groot, Guardians of the Galaxy

The hook of this character was that he only knew how to say one word...his name...but he said it a million different ways.

Baloo, The Jungle Book (1967)

Baloo (voiced by the late Phil Harris) was an amiable singing and dancing bear who helps a young jungle boy named Mowgli prepare to join human civilization.

Cherry 2000, Cherry 2000

Pamela Gidley plays Cherry, an android who is married to a succesful businessman (David Andrews) who self-destructs when she gets wet and her husband can't live without an exact replacement, which he goes to extreme lengths to procure.

Gerty, Moon

Gerty (voiced by Kevin Spacey) is a computerized administrative assistant to an astronaut (Sam Rockwell) on a special mission on Mars.