Lady of Heaven (2021)

Tools    

Want to know what people think. Don’t have much of a view myself, except that these are mad times and that you definitely do not bill that sort of thing as a “historical drama”, for crying out loud!

- The release of The Lady of Heaven, a £12m historical drama, has prompted outrage among some Muslims
- It is billed as depicting the life of Lady Fatima, who is one of the daughters of the Prophet Muhammad
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-banned.html

I'm glad to be NOT embroiled in that mess. I just hope that we never get to a point in the US where religious groups (whoever they are) get a veto on a movie. I seem to recall a similar tempest about the Last Temptation of Christ but it didn't get to a point where any group go to say what we are allowed to watch.

Never heard of it. Lordy, here’s my hometown.

Haven't seen it but I would watch it.

I try to stay out of politics, except today I asked my cousins, who were in the military, a question.

I have opinions, I just keep them to myself.

Never heard of it. Lordy, here’s my hometown.

I’m in Manchester now having dinner at the Dakota Hotel (was knackered after 8-hour-long event so went for closest option and the steak is great). I haven’t heard of the film before seeing the news, either.

Haven't seen it but I would watch it.

I try to stay out of politics, except today I asked my cousins, who were in the military, a question.

I have opinions, I just keep them to myself.
I’ll watch it too, I guess. Should we get the chance, that is. I work more or less in politics so, alas, can’t stay out.

I’ll watch it too, I guess. Should we get the chance, that is. I work more or less in politics so, alas, can’t stay out.
Well, yeah but don't you still need to be careful about it?

They say opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one and they usually stink.

I usually share with close friends and my daughter.

Well, yeah but don't you still need to be careful about it?

They say opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one and they usually stink.

I usually share with close friends and my daughter.
Yes, that is wise. Nothing to add there.