Emergence

Tools    

Eight episodes in and all I can say about this show is that this can't possibly end well for anyone involved.
Will have to check out eps 7-13. Like you, I thought it had ended..

The show is what might be called sci-fi soap opera. Although not as bad in that way as is NBC's Manifest, both big network shows are heavy on the touchy-feely emotional stuff. I suppose they're similarly trying to insure interest from both sexes.

OK, episode 11 was awesome but I do have one tiny quibble: this episode implies that Donald Faison's character is being written off the show and that would be a huge mistake. Faison brings just the right dose of mild comic relief that this show needs.

I want to scream right now...I've spent the past week catching up on the seven new episodes and all day today I have been trying to watch ep 13 on the ABC website and I get about 15 minutes from the end of the episode and the tape just stops...WTF?!?!

According to TVseriesfinale.com, the series is up in the air:

"As of February 17, 2020, Emergence has not been cancelled or renewed for a second season. Stay tuned for further updates."

This has just come up for free on prime here in the UK, is it worth watching since they cancelled it because I don't want to watch 13 episodes and certain things are left unanswered because they thought they might get a series 2?

Also what is the content like? I want to watch it with someone but they don't like sex scenes or strong language.

One place I look says it's an 18 rated series but another places gives what content but nothing warrants an 18 rating...

I watched the 13 episodes and there was lots of stuff left unanswered, which said to me they weren't expecting to be cancelled or were hoping for some other network to pick them up.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
And here we are nearly a year later and still crickets on the future of this show's second season. That can't be good, can it?

Apparently the show was cancelled two years ago, but we just didn't know about it.

From May 21, 2020:
Emergence Cancelled at ABC

The Adventure Starts Here!
Apparently the show was cancelled two years ago, but we just didn't know about it.

From May 21, 2020:
Emergence Cancelled at ABC
Thanks for this update. I can now go cry that this show has gone the way of Carnivale and the original Deadwood and other shows I get invested in and then never hear from again.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks for this update. I can now go cry that this show has gone the way of Carnivale and the original Deadwood and other shows I get invested in and then never hear from again.

Sorry. Please don't blame the messenger.