Don't Breathe or Hush?

Tools    

Which 2016 home invasion thriller do you prefer?
78.95%
15 votes
Don't Breathe
21.05%
4 votes
Hush
19 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Which 2016 home invasion thriller do you prefer: Don't Breathe (imdb 7.2, rotten tomatoes critics 87%/ average 7.1, audience 80%/ average 7.8) or Hush (imdb 6.6, rotten tomatoes critics 100%/ average 7.9, audience 75%/ average 7.6)? I preferred Hush.

I've seen both and I like both. I think Hush is more unique than Don't Breathe (the way it filmed) but I prefer the acting and the storyline of Don't Breathe. Lang is a total badass.

Hush
+
Don't Breathe

my rating of both so I vote Don't Breathe.

Welcome to the human race...
Definitely Hush. Simple, but consistent. Don't Breathe tries to spin too many plates at once.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I did not really like the "intruders" in Don't Breathe so I give the slight edge to Hush

Suspect's Reviews

I liked Hush, but I liked Don't Breathe more. I thought the villain of Hush was pretty lame, lacking menace and personality. He looked like some college kid who got lost in the woods during a bad trip.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I liked Don't Breathe, and Hush was alright, neither was particularly great though.

Welcome to the human race...
I liked Hush, but I liked Don't Breathe more. I thought the villain of Hush was pretty lame, lacking menace and personality. He looked like some college kid who got lost in the woods during a bad trip.
I touched on this in a different thread, but I thought that comparative lack of menace actually worked for the character. I actually liked how there was no point where the film just stops dead to explain exactly why he's hunting people for sport and just lets individual moments speak to his inner psychology, such as him deliberately unmasking himself early on in the film or the way in which he approaches the male neighbour who investigates the situation.

Make a better place
I loved them both, but Don't Breath is definitely better IMO, both are really good though

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I haven't seen hush but don't breath lost me at the reveal.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Don't Breathe for sure. I really like Mike Flanagan, but Hush left me cold. It honestly becomes laughable as soon as the villain takes off his mask and goes from silent stalker to snarky jackass.

Haven't seen Don't Breathe but I had a few issues with Hush...there was some solid directorial technique present, but some definite screenplay problems.

Absolutely loved both. Just a slight edge to Don't Breathe.