Coronavirus

Tools    

So our cathedral sent out an email yesterday telling us that masses are suspended through Friday. Someone who comes to mass daily has contracted COVID19.

Rather alarming news as this is the closest the virus has come to me. I don’t go to mass every day, but, no doubt, I have passed by this person, whoever it is.

It won’t surprise me if they suspend Sunday mass this week. No doubt they are feverishly cleaning the cathedral now. Again.
So, we had some random priest for Sunday mass. He didn’t introduce himself or tell us why he was there & he left immediately after the mass.

So at rosary prayer this a.m., someone said our priest hasn’t been seen all week & there is some conjecture as to whether he is the person with COVID19. Rather alarming, but will be interesting to see if he returns for Sunday mass.

No clue where to put this (we really should have a miscellaneous, anything goes thread). I see a lot of people sleeping in parks & generally shambling around without money. But this week quite near my house I saw that someone had pitched a small tent behind fencing, down a little hill & near railroad tracks. Very hidden from passers by. Terrible that someone has to resort to living like this. People don’t want to go into shelters & I do wonder how this person stays clean. Especially in this time of sickness.
So whoever put up the tent has packed it up & moved on. Thinking this was his own decision (he must have been freezing there) since no police car would be able to see it from the street. Only a pedestrian could see it.

Hard times.

Test came back positive... I dont have many symptoms but I cant go to work until I have a negative test.

Test came back positive... I dont have many symptoms but I cant go to work until I have a negative test.
I wish you an uneventful road to recovery.

My only testing experience thus far is indirect--I've donated blood twice in the last few months and they test it for antibodies and then let you know the results.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Sorry to hear this. I hope you get through it quickly and with little or no symptoms. Stay home, watch some great movies, and stay safe.

Sorry to hear, only positive I can think of (aside from having far more time for movies for a while) is that at least your isolation period will be over just before Christmas. Stay well.

Relax at home & try to feel better. Sorry this is happening to you. Keep in touch with us.

Wondering how long it will be before people start fighting each other for the vaccine. Believing that they deserve it more than someone else. Hope this doesn’t happen, but predicting that it will.
I'm more annoyed thinking about how people with more wealth/privilege will find ways to jump the queue, so to speak.

I have a friend who is an Assistant District Attorney who specifically prosecutes medical fraud, and she was like, "Oh, yeah. That's a given."

I'm more annoyed thinking about how people with more wealth/privilege will find ways to jump the queue, so to speak.

I have a friend who is an Assistant District Attorney who specifically prosecutes medical fraud, and she was like, "Oh, yeah. That's a given."
It’s happened already with Trump, Giuliani, et al.

You ready? You look ready.
Unnerving activity in Florida
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I went to CVS today and took my 2nd test.. I should have the results back Thursday.. I believe they are expecting me back to work on Friday but I have to make sure I have negative test results before I can return.

Tomorrow I'm going to the laundromat to wash all blankets to make sure no germs of covid may remain... washing them on hot and sneaking a bit of odor ban into my laundry detergent.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Don’t know the area (or much of Canada for all that matter) but this guy is dumb.

I went to CVS today and took my 2nd test.. I should have the results back Thursday.. I believe they are expecting me back to work on Friday but I have to make sure I have negative test results before I can return.
Hope you’re feeling better & that your 2nd test will be negative.

I found out today, through a mutual friend, that a woman I work with passed away yesterday from Covid 19. Nicki was always nice and would stop to talk. I never worked directly with her but we did have mutual co-worker friends.