Delicatessen
3.13%
1 votes
Oblivion
34.38%
11 votes
The Last Wave
32 votes. You may not vote on this poll

L'apocalypse. Because…like, why not? It's fun for everyone. Except everyone in the story.

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

Pre-apocalyptic classic where humans are effectively turned into shells. Depending on what pharmacy you go to this could be a documentary. Nature vs. nature, lack of personal identity, timeless themes they are.

The Road (2009)

That one depressing movie no one wanted to talk about. Basically a tale of survival, far better than the Walking Dead could ever be, where a man and his son try to stay optimistic about the human condition. It's not really a spoiler to say this doesn't go over to well.

Delicatessen (1991)

Jean-Pierre Jeunet's (Amélie) post-apocalyptic film about a small little colony who seemingly live like nothing had ever happened. The circumstances turn on their head over and over, because Jeunet is insane and the black humor here works off improbability and morality. Extremely unique at least.

Oblivion (2013)

Another post-apocalyptic story, but in English and featuring Tom Cruise, who returns to a next-to-barren Earth to maintain machines that are harboring energy from the oceans, which would help the last remaining humans on the planet join the rest of the species on Titan. Problem is, no one knows what happened before. Dun dun dun. Another Prometheus or something more than just a blockbuster?

The Last Wave (1977)

A bit of a culture clash in Australia between a society and aboriginals, who are defended by a lawyer when accused of murder. However, the aboriginal prophecy of the last wave dampens the situation, as it seems the world will drown. Anyone who liked Picnic of Hanging Rock will find just as much atmospheric goodness here.

I've actually seen three of these, so I'll vote for one I haven't: Invasion of the Body Snatchers. But I think all of them would be worth discussing, and I wouldn't mind revisiting the ones I have seen.

Clicky HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Voted for Delicatessen, was between that and The Last Wave. Went for it as it looks unusual in an interesting way and I have it ready to watch as I had it ready for the nineties list but never got around to it. The other looks interesting as I find Australian films interesting in how they deal with the Aborigines and other themes of communication.

I actually haven't seen any of these, voted for Delicatessen since it has intrigued me for awhile. Looks like a tight race at the moment.

Going to vote for Invasion of the Body Snatchers, been meaning to rewatch it anyway.

Oh wait! I thought it was the remake. That poster is for the remake.

Oh well. Love the original too. So I'll leave my vote.

Make a better place
voted for The Road, it's the only one I've seen and it's amazing

I have voted for The Invasions for the Body Snatchers because I was curious to learn what the original is like compared to the 70's version of this movie.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Can somebody explain what this is all about? Some people are voting for movies that they've already seen, and other people are voting for movies that they haven't seen.

What's the question about these movies?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Which one do you watch and discuss in a special thread in the forum. There will also be a podcast about it, so you can discuss that too. MC stands for Movie Club. We've done this kind of thing for years.

Yep, like mark said, every couple months there is a poll like this and we all watch the one with the most votes and discuss it in a subsequent thread. The podcast thing is new though!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Which one do you watch and discuss in a special thread in the forum. There will also be a podcast about it, so you can discuss that too. MC stands for Movie Club. We've done this kind of thing for years.

Thanks for the info.

I've seen "Body Snatchers" and "Oblivion", so I voted for "The Road" because it sounded the most interesting of the other three movies.

(Note: There's a lot of fun stuff on this site, but sometimes you guys have to remember that we haven't all been here for years, and some of us need a short explanation sometimes.)