James Cameron done with features

Tools    

how is it "retarded", the film is the biggest film of all time. There is obviously room for more stories to be told and with how lucrative it is, it would be stupid NOT to continue with those films.

My complaint is that he is ONLY pursuing those films. Come on Cameron.
That was my point too, but I dispute that there is room for more stories there. Good ones, anyway.

Are you being dense on purpose?
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I liked a lot of his old stuff but like all good things they don't seem to last.

I found the Avatar universe pretty interesting and very beautiful, but the story of the general who wanted to destroy that planet plainly sucked.

I'm going to watch all the sequels anyway, even if it's just for the visuals.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Probably a good idea. Great film Directors tend to start sucking as they get older, richer and lazier. Lucas, Ridley Scott, Spielberg etc. Tarantino says he wants to retire at 60 because of the same reason.

Just another movie Guru
Cameron understands visual control very well and does a great job in his films with it. When we get so involved in the worlds the film draws us into, it is considered at least a decent film.

With his intention to produce only Avatar films, and his meticulous need for doing things right, I can only assume his Avatar films will be technically good films even if the story falls apart.

And his documentaries while not box office hits, are his passion projects. However it seems that even his passions have been dying down. I believe it was last year he said that "it's time to give up on the Titanic," which was his great white buffalo.