Tarantino's Django Unchained

Tools    

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I have seen him in The Wire and The Wire is one of my favorite show but Idris Elba always play the same role and basically he plays "himself" in any films and I still don't think he's better than Jamie Foxx as an actor and Jamie Foxx did great job with his role in The Soloist. Believe me, Jamie Foxx gonna take this role more serious than Idris Elba does and he knows this cause it's f*cking Tarantino films like I said Jamie Foxx is very interested picked but at least he's better than Idris.
Well, I suppose agree to disagree then.

I've not see/noticed him in too many things. However, as Luther, Stringer Bell, Lenny (in The Big C) and Vaughn in Ultraviolet, I wouldn't say he plays the same character. The only film I've seen him in was Buffalo Soldiers, but that was a long, long time ago and I don't actually remember him in it. Therefore I couldn't tell you if he plays "himself" or not. That said, looking at his filmography, I doubt he'd be able to play himself in all those films. Something tells me his roles in 28 Weeks Later, Thor and Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls were very different.

Kevin Costner joins Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'
Kevin Costner has signed on to Django Unchained.

The Dances with Wolves star will play a brutal individual known as Ace Woody in director Quentin Tarantino's forthcoming western, Deadline reports.

Costner's character is described as "sadistic", working as a trainer of male fighting slaves and female prostitutes on Leonardo DiCaprio's character's plantation.

Django Unchained stars Jamie Foxx in the eponymous role, as well as Inglourious Basterds' Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson.

The film centres on Foxx's character, a rogue slave who sets out to rescue his wife from DiCaprio's Calvin Candie.

Costner's next project is Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, which is expected to begin filming in the near future.

Django Unchained is scheduled to open in theaters on Christmas Day 2012.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...unchained.html

The cast for this is so crazy like every other Tarantino movie. The more I hear about this the more hyped I get. Let's hope it delivers.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Django Unchained adds Samuel “Bad-Ass Motherf*cker” Jackson

Sep 14, 2011

What’s a Quentin Tarantino film without Samuel L. Jackson? Well, the director’s next in Django Unchained has officially added S.H.I.E.L.D. boss Nick Fury, I mean, Sam Jackson. Variety broke this, as Jackson will play play Stephen, the head house slave to villain Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). The film has also added Gerald McRaney.
It opens on Christmas 2012, as a German dentist-turned bounty hunter (played by Christoph Waltz) and freed slave Django (played by Jamie Foxx) seek to free Django’s wife from her powerful owner.

Western - a rubbish genre.
+
QT - Not made a good film since 1997.

=
ladies and gentlemen , I couldn't be less interested.
I seems you'd made a few spelling mistakes, MrPink, so I corrected them for you.

Since 2002, the announcement of SLJ in a film has been enough to make me wary of seeing it. This time around, he's being announced in a film I already don't want to see. It makes a change.

I'd point out that, were it not for Unbreakable, he'd have not been in a good film since 1997's Jackie Brown. So, while I say 2002, that's when I realised not to bother with SLJ films. It took me two years to realise this. Shaft, The 51st State and, finally, Changing Lanes were the three film inbetween which showed me the light. All looked/sounded like good films I'd like. None were.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I seems you'd made a few spelling mistakes, MrPink, so I corrected them for you.

Since 2002, the announcement of SLJ in a film has been enough to make me wary of seeing it. This time around, he's being announced in a film I already don't want to see. It makes a change.

I'd point out that, were it not for Unbreakable, he'd have not been in a good film since 1997's Jackie Brown. So, while I say 2002, that's when I realised not to bother with SLJ films. It took me two years to realise this. Shaft, The 51st State and, finally, Changing Lanes were the three film inbetween which showed me the light. All looked/sounded like good films I'd like. None were.
I completely agree, I used to go see a movie because SLJ was in it, but now it's like he just takes every film that's thrown his way and IMO has just became kind of a joke. It would be awesome if he would do something really awesome and kind of reclaim what he used to be as an actor.

I will deffinatly see this movie because of QT but yeah I hate westerns so I'm not that excited about it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1408 is a great film and who doesn't like the campy Deep Blue Sea?

Suspect's Reviews

1408 is not a great film. It's a battleground between John (Always good) Cusack and SLJ. I watched it with great interest. Sadly, SLJ won and Mr. Cusack's not been the same since.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Django Unchained loses Costner

Sep 16, 2011ty

(via Twitter), Kevin Costner has dropped out of Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained due to “scheduling conflicts”. He was playing Ace Woody, a right-hand man of DCaprio’s villainous character. There’s nothing more to go on, although one can easily ask…

Why in the hell would you drop out of a Tarantino flick?
One possibility is that he’s Jonathan Kent in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel, which is still filming and could be filming when QT wants to start Django Unchained. Either way, stupid.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Gainey Turns Rapist For "Django"

October 4th 2011

M.C. Gainey ("Lost," "Justified") is in negotiations to play Big John Brittle in Quentin Tarantino's revenge western "Django Unchained" at The Weinstein Company says Variety.
The story follows a slave named Django (Jamie Foxx) in the Old South who teams with a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) to search for his wife.
Gainey's 'Big John' is a key character in the action - he rapes Django's wife and brands Django's cheek with the letter 'R' (which stands for 'runaway'). Django teams with Waltz's character to find Big John and his two brothers.
Leonardo DiCaprio, Kurt Russell, Samuel L. Jackson, Gerald McRaney, Dennis Christopher and Laura Cayouette also star.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im so looking forward to seeing this film

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Don Johnson Joins "Django Unchained"

October 12th 2011

"Miami Vice" star Don Johnson has joined the cast of Quentin Tarantino's western "Django Unchained" at The Weinstein Company says Variety.
The story follows a slave named Django (Jamie Foxx) in the Old South who teams with a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) to search for his wife.
Johnson will play a wealthy southern plantation owner who Django and Schultz meet in their pursuit of a bounty.
Tarantino reportedly courted Johnson for several months to get him onboard. Stacey Sher, Pilar Savone and Reginald Hudlin will produce.