Tarantino's Django Unchained

Tools    

I'm O.K with Foxx (sort of) but still rooting for Elba. It looks like DiCaprio is in it for sure.
Seriously? Who's Dicaprio playing???

Wow, that's pretty cool news. DiCaprio is a really good actor imo, so it'll be interesting to see him directed by somebody like Tarantino. Elba's inclusion makes this must see.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Today, /Film reported that although it has not been confirmed, it's a pretty solid bet that Jamie Foxx will star as Django.

Idris Elba has signed on to work with Guillermo del Toro on "Pacific Rim." Will Smith has passed on QT's offer.

How do you feel about Jamie Foxx taking the lead?
Personally, I'm really bummed that Elba will not be working with QT - although, it is exciting that he's elected to work with GtD. Foxx is a better choice than Smith IMO so I guess we'll have to wait and see how this turns out...

So long as Elba's work on Pacific Rim doesn't interfere with another series of Luther, I couldn't care less about any of it.
Oh man, I just started watching "Luther" and it's friggin' brilliant. I thought I knew Idris Elba was amazing when I watched "The Wire" - didn't think it was possible for him to impress me even more!!!

Asside from original Django star Franco Nero rumoured to be appearing; I'm betting Calvin Candie is an in-joke nod to Ringo Starr's character Candy in Fernando Baldi's Blindman.

I think he's pretty good in it too.

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
Agree on several things. First off, Elba is brilliant and even more than usual in The Wire. Haven't had a chance to check out Luther yet, but it's on my list. I would have preferred him to anyone in DU as well, but Jamie Foxx is clearly an upgrade over Will Smith. I mean, did anyone other than Jada think he was a good fit for this movie?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I guess a lot of posters now weren't here for the reign of terror of Django...so making a joke about him would be rendered pointless.

But anyway, I figure that whatever Tarantino comes up with will be great, it always is. Will definitely see this one.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Is that "no she should not" because she is not good at music either and should vanish, or "no she should not" give her a chance at acting...

Lol at people want Idris Elba, this dude not good as Jamie Foxx based on the acting talent.

I think Djimon Hounsou would have a perfect role for this if this movie about the slave and he's Africa....he can pull his tears if some ***** went down and you will feel his pain....or how about Chiwetel Ejiofor?

Jaime Foxx....very interested picked....is it true?.....gotta wait to see the movie cause it's f*cking Tarantino, I am sure he knows what to do.

Lol at people want Idris Elba, this dude not good as Jamie Foxx based on the acting talent.

I think Djimon Hounsou would have a perfect role for this if this movie about the slave and he's Africa....he can pull his tears if some ***** went down and you will feel his pain.

Jaime Foxx....very interested picked....is it true?.....gotta wait to see the movie cause it's f*cking Tarantino, I am sure he knows what to do.

First of all, if you want proof that Idris Elba > Jamie Foxx then you need to either A) watch "The Wire" or B) watch the BBC series "Luther". Although he was incredible in "Ray" and "Collateral" I don't think that Foxx has the same level of emotional intensity as Elba, IMO. There.

Secondly, although I agree with you that Djimon Hounsou would have been a great choice, it's rather rude to make such a claim based on the fact that he's African. How about something like, "Djimon Hounsou would have been a good choice because he's a good actor." Gee whiz.

First of all, if you want proof that Idris Elba > Jamie Foxx then you need to either A) watch "The Wire" or B) watch the BBC series "Luther". Although he was incredible in "Ray" and "Collateral" I don't think that Foxx has the same level of emotional intensity as Elba, IMO. There.

Secondly, although I agree with you that Djimon Hounsou would have been a great choice, it's rather rude to make such a claim based on the fact that he's African. How about something like, "Djimon Hounsou would have been a good choice because he's a good actor." Gee whiz.

I have seen him in The Wire and The Wire is one of my favorite show but Idris Elba always play the same role and basically he plays "himself" in any films and I still don't think he's better than Jamie Foxx as an actor and Jamie Foxx did great job with his role in The Soloist. Believe me, Jamie Foxx gonna take this role more serious than Idris Elba does and he knows this cause it's f*cking Tarantino films like I said Jamie Foxx is very interested picked but at least he's better than Idris.

How about f*cking Chiwetel Ejiofor?or Djimon Hounsou sound much better choice. I know it's rude to say he's African but he has his look especially if this movie about "SLAVE" and he does have his talent.