Secretariat

Tools    

I saw this one last weekend because my daughter has a horse and is convinced she wants to be a jockey. Needless to say, we see EVERY horse movie that comes down the pike in my house (and even every movie that has a horse in it).

I can't say I really enjoyed it for many of the reasons Sleezy has already so elegantly pointed out.

There is a scene where Malkovich has a temper tantrum over golfing that had me chuckling as I can certainly identify.

Overall it's typical Disney fare.

I suppose the saving grace for me was that it inspired me to read up on the real Secretariat and the events surrounding the triple crown win. Very interesting and inspiring story.

gonna be a good one

I want to see this movie because I'm a huge horse racing fan and follower and I love feel-good movies like this. Besides, the trailers for it look real good and it's gotten great reviews.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I saw this one last weekend because my daughter has a horse and is convinced she wants to be a jockey. Needless to say, we see EVERY horse movie that comes down the pike in my house (and even every movie that has a horse in it).

I can't say I really enjoyed it for many of the reasons Sleezy has already so elegantly pointed out.

There is a scene where Malkovich has a temper tantrum over golfing that had me chuckling as I can certainly identify.

Overall it's typical Disney fare.

I suppose the saving grace for me was that it inspired me to read up on the real Secretariat and the events surrounding the triple crown win. Very interesting and inspiring story.

which did your daughter prefer, this one or the Dreamer one with Dakota Fanning and Kurt Russell?

7/10

Another movie that delivers what’s expected but does so with the Disney flare associated with films such as Miracle and The Rookie. I guess I’m a sucker for a feel good beat the odds type story because I enjoyed this film. I pretty much knew the story or at least the accomplishments of Secretariat but it’s still a tale worth telling and admiring. (Even so, I still don’t think a horse should be named to the “all century” best athlete’s list, ESPN) Diane Lane delivers a wonderful performance.