Question about Star Wars theatrical release DVD set?

Tools    

In the Beginning...
Okay, so I'm ready to start healing my wounds inflicted by the recent prequel films. Therefore, I (like any self-respecting Star Wars fan) want the original theatrical release (not all that Special Edition bull-excrement) of Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi in a neatly packaged DVD set.

So my question is... is THIS the only possible option? Is it worth the coin? Are there any other options available?

Star Wars Trilogy DVD with Exclusive Best Buy Tin (original theatrical releases) - Widescreen

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm not sure what to tell you. I bought the series as they were released on VHS, so I have the original releases. I guess i've never even noticed that I don't have the original releases on DVD. At least, I'm not sure I do. It's 1:25 AM now, and I'm not going to go check. Best of luck in your endeavor.

Okay, so I'm ready to start healing my wounds inflicted by the recent prequel films. Therefore, I (like any self-respecting Star Wars fan) want the original theatrical release (not all that Special Edition bull-excrement) of Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi in a neatly packaged DVD set.

So my question is... is THIS the only possible option? Is it worth the coin? Are there any other options available?

Star Wars Trilogy DVD with Exclusive Best Buy Tin (original theatrical releases) - Widescreen

That is the best way to go. I myself hate those special edition sh*t. If you want to watch (and own) the original trilogy the way they were meant to be seen - and wanna see them on standard DVD - you've made the right choice.

Until Lucas puts them out on Blu-ray, keep your hands glued to that set.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I lov the starwars films as ive stated in other threads, personally I want to see the movies as they were back in the day, Original and un touched with specail effects! as the film was superb then and thats how I remember it. there is no need to remake the film with specail effects, thats not for me at all.

Im waiting PATIENETLY for a ultimate dvd collection as in all 6 films in a collectors boxset which ive been waiting for for a long bloody time. I just want it to be released so I can go and buy it day of release.

awsome thread man!