Tough question

Tools    

In the Beginning...
For years, I've tried to remember the name of a movie I remember seeing when I was a kid. It was a Western, 1980s or early 90s, and all I remember is a night scene in which a feisty woman (perhaps nude, perhaps wearing only chaps and a cowboy hat) exits a saloon and interacts with a male character(s) in the dirt street (can't remember if it's a kiss or just flirty conversation), and then proceeds to ride off on a horse with her bare rear end visible (no saddle).

For the longest time, I thought it was maybe Quigley Down Under, but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong about that. Nevertheless, that film is similar in style to the one I'm thinking of, and it fits into the same period of release... if that helps at all.

And yes, I must be a total guy if the only scene I remember from this film involves some naked chick.

Seems like there is a scene similar to that in Young Guns II between the guy from CSI (playing Pat Garrett) and a woman who owned a... umm... very big house...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It doesn't really fit your description, but a naked woman does ride a horse in Like Water For Chocolate (1992), and it is in a western setting, but she leaves a ranch and not a saloon.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Seems like there is a scene similar to that in Young Guns II between the guy from CSI (playing Pat Garrett) and a woman who owned a... umm... very big house...
That's a probable candidate, now that you mention it. I remember seeing (and loving) both those films when I was younger. I'll keep it in mind if I ever catch it on television or DVD. Thanks.

Originally Posted by mark f
It doesn't really fit your description, but a naked woman does ride a horse in Like Water For Chocolate (1992), and it is in a western setting, but she leaves a ranch and not a saloon.
Hmm. It's not ringing any bells, particularly since it's a foreign film and I don't recall many of those appearing on HBO or Showtime back in the 80s/90s. But that doesn't mean I didn't see it.

For years, I've tried to remember the name of a movie I remember seeing when I was a kid. It was a Western, 1980s or early 90s, and all I remember is a night scene in which a feisty woman (perhaps nude, perhaps wearing only chaps and a cowboy hat) exits a saloon and interacts with a male character(s) in the dirt street (can't remember if it's a kiss or just flirty conversation), and then proceeds to ride off on a horse with her bare rear end visible (no saddle).

For the longest time, I thought it was maybe Quigley Down Under, but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong about that. Nevertheless, that film is similar in style to the one I'm thinking of, and it fits into the same period of release... if that helps at all.

And yes, I must be a total guy if the only scene I remember from this film involves some naked chick.
I don't think I've ever seen a nudie western, although in The Rounders, a modern western, a couple of waitresses are wearing aprons that cover their fronts but not their rears. However, gentlemen cowboys Henry Fonda and Glenn Ford were on hand to hold their hats over the ladies' backsides.

In real life, there was a whore (or madam if they want to stress up the story) who used to ride nude in her carriage--I think that was in El Paso. There was also an occasion when two whores shot it out in the street for the love of their pimp. Also probably in El Paso, which was so rough that according to one story Wyatt Earp had a short layover at the El Paso train station, went across the street to a bar to get a meal, and before he finished eating witnessed 3 fatal shootouts. According to the story, Earp got back on the train and went the the more peaceable Tombstone, Ariz.

If you ever find out the name of the movie you're looking for, pass it along!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Hmm. It's not ringing any bells, particularly since it's a foreign film and I don't recall many of those appearing on HBO or Showtime back in the 80s/90s. But that doesn't mean I didn't see it.
It would have been dubbed in English.

This was the first thing that came to my mind too, Sleezy.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Haven't seen it, don't know anything about.

Is it Hammers Over the Anvil?