Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Wait, how do you have that thing at the side with the smiles? I don't have it.

You should see the box on the side with the Smilies when you use the "Post Reply" button, but not when you use the "Quick Reply" button.

Doesn't show for me, weird
Are you on mobile? If so, that would explain it. The mobile site is (mostly deliberately) simplified.

If you're on desktop, check the bottom of the Edit Options page, there's an option there for different editors. Might need to change that.

Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)

I still love the character ensemble in these, but I knew this would be a little bit of a letdown from the first. Not only because I thought the original was about perfect, but also figured the subject matter in this one was going to be shallow. The story was uninspired, and the jokes were rather plain as well.

Widows (2018)
Really entertaining crime movie with well written characters and nice build-up before things start to get more crazy.
if someone needs to know how much popcorn then here You go

Widows (2018)
Really entertaining crime movie with well written characters and nice build-up before things start to get more crazy.
if someone needs to know how much popcorn then here You go
I'd give it

But only because I was so into the movie and the characters than I didn't finish eating my popcorn.

The Big Clock (1948)

An absorbing noir starring Ray Milland, Charles Laughton, and Maureen O'Sullivan. Laughton impresses with another unique role which dominates the screen whenever he's present. Milland slightly over-acts, but the writing carries this interesting plot through to the end. O'Sullivan hadn't taken a role in 5 years, so it was enjoyable to watch her return to the big screen.

There's a delightful part by Elsa Lanchester, playing a ditzy artist, and an interesting early role for Harry Morgan who plays an enforcer who never speaks.

Doc's rating: 8/10

Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

Gets better and better with repeated viewings. Because I stop paying attention to its flaws and instead focus on its good parts. Has some of the best action scenes ever made combined with the best of the best in especial effects.

Only time will tell if it is a classic but right now I place it among Blade Runner and The Matrix in terms of science fiction movies.

Captive State (2019)

I'm willing to move this rating up or down based on discussing this movie, because I don't know how to fully explain what I just saw.... I'm usually not into alien invasion type movies, but this one looked like it would be smarter than most. The very first scene had me locked in, and the movie progressed along at a respectable place. But as the end approached, it felt incomplete, and the final twist was hardly satisfying. I have to think on this one a bit more...

The Blind Swordsman: Zatôichi 2003 dir. Takeshi Kitano (Re-watch)

An unconventional and original approach to a samurai movie. The tone of the film switches often, from scenes with lightning-fast and perfectly executed short blade and samurai sword fight choreography, to slow paced serious art-house drama, comedy, music and even dancing. Kitano also delivers an excellent charismatic bad-ass performance, conveying emotions without the use of his eyes, most impressive.
+