Sleezy Recasts the X-Men

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I want to do an X-men thread too! I know it seems like I'm copying your idea, but damn if I'm not an x-men fanatic. lol.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

A system of cells interlinked
I meant Quitely, but MP has it right as far as the artists. I just saw the funny lips and thought it was Quietly. I was digging around in my old long boxes the other night, and I pulled some of the New X-Men stuff to re-read!

In the Beginning...
Sorry for the bump, but I found out today that Michael Madsen (my choice for Wolverine) now plays a superhero on PSN's adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis' Powers.

I know some folks were a little incredulous back in 2014 about my casting of Michael Madsen, but seriously.... stupid costume aside, does this not look like someone who should be seriously considered for the role of Wolverine?

Madsen would be a great Logan, so would Mickey Rourke, but Tom Hardy would own that part. Hes even the right height.

STELLAN SKARSGARD / MAGNETO
I know Sir Ian McKellen has been a popular choice among X-fans, and certainly he's a fine actor. But I've never felt the hate, the malevolence, the absolute disdain for human life. He has played Magneto as a Shakespearean actor would: sophisticated, principled, absorbed by his purpose but never evil. I don't think Magneto should be evil, but there's a raging darkness in him that has only been glimpsed in the films, and only through Michael Fassbender. Stellan Skarsgard is his counterpart. He's made a career playing cold, vengeful, violent killers, and even the harshness of his face makes you feel uneasy. I can imagine him peeking from beneath that helmet and knowing that this man wants to bring humanity to heel.
This is a very interesting choice. Coincidentally, Skarsgĺrd was really impressive in a similarly horrendous Nazi sequence in The Exorcist prequels.

I LOVE michael Madsen,was so shocked his career had gone downhill to the point of him actually being a big brother contestant. glad to hear hes working again.

Madsen is awesome. Love his poems too.
Poems?! Googles......

Oh my gosh! He's like a real poet! I never knew this. Some of his stuffs so raw I cant post it here.

"White Hair"
(from "Burning in Paradise" by Michael Madsen)

I figure I got
about 10 years left
to chase away
the old man.

I've seen him
late at night and
in the morning
after too much whiskey.
That's wish-key.

Maybe it's my father
I see or my dead brother.
Each man in his own way
must do this I guess.
The smart ones anyway.

I can still run faster
than a speeding bullet
and I know Superman
had a cigarette
once in a while.

yeah,they`re great/sad reads-i think hes a pretty troubled man.

but is his personal life why his career faded?or did he just not get hired anymore? he was in so many good movies in the 90s early 00s
then suddenly nothing..then i read he was entering the big brother house and i thought it was a joke

I didnt know he was on Big Brother. Damn, yeah thats not a good career indicator. He talks of cocaine in some of his poems. If he had a problem with it thats known to ruin relationships/connections in the business.

IMHO anything Mickey Rourke could do, Michael Madsen could do. Theres a pure tough guy authenticity they can project.

yeah thats true,i didnt watch the BB show,but ive seen pictures and he looked rooough.

yeah i agree....he`s perfect for tarantino movies really,i hope they work together again. i hadnt pictured him as a superhero. is it a planned/in works show or is it already out?
whilst everybody had a crush on brad pitt after thelma and louise,i had a crush on him

yeah thats true,i didnt watch the BB show,but ive seen pictures and he looked rooough.

yeah i agree....he`s perfect for tarantino movies really,i hope they work together again. i hadnt pictured him as a superhero. is it a planned/in works show or is it already out?
whilst everybody had a crush on brad pitt after thelma and louise,i had a crush on him
The girl I took to see that movie said the same thing. Ones pretty and the other looks like a man.