Directors Who Went to Film School?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I can't think of one great director one who did. A few great movie isn't enough to be a "Great Director", either, especially if you made more duds than great pictures (Coppola, who is probably the best out of the bunch, but has gone down my list these past 20 years).

I'm all for education. In the US, richest country on Earth, where we can spend TRILLIONS on illegal wars for decades, bail out Wall St. with TRILLIONS of our money for decades, we can support education.

But when it comes to the arts, off-hand, it seems like all the directors who went to film school are frauds, cheat from older movies, and basically talks down to audience, and are probably very great commercially.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Tarkovsky did. That's one of many.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Did Spielberg not go to film school?

If I remember correctly, Spielberg applied to USC Film School, but he didn't get in. He went to a different California college, (I don't remember which college), and he interned at Universal Studios.

Polanski? Tarkovsky? Parajanov?
I think much of soviet or eastern europe filmmakers went to their national/state film schools back then.