Favorite Actor Who Was Never In A GREAT Movie?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
James Cagney

Again, your favorite, and movies you consider great... He was in many good films, a lot of 80 minute manufactured quickies, but a GREAT movie?

Robin Williams, I’ve never liked Aladdin, Good Will Hunting, or Mrs. Doubtfire but he’s great in all three.

James Cagney

Again, your favorite, and movies you consider great... He was in many good films, a lot of 80 minute manufactured quickies, but a GREAT movie?
OK, you're saying James Cagney never appeared in a great movie? So you're saying The Public Enemy, White Heat, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Come Fill the Cup, Love Me or Leave Me, and One Two Three are not great movies?

OK, you're saying James Cagney never appeared in a great movie? So you're saying The Public Enemy, White Heat, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Come Fill the Cup, Love Me or Leave Me, and One Two Three are not great movies?
Good movies, not great.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Steve McQueen off the top of my head, unless maybe he was, since I haven't seen all of his?

Steve McQueen off the top of my head, unless maybe he was, since I haven't seen all of his?
EDIT: Actually, I gave "An Enemy of the People" a 10/10. I don't think it was Steve's best role, but the writing is excellent. He produced it, too. It didn't do any business because McQueen wouldn't shave his beard, and wore glasses.

That's a pretty good example for a movie star like him. You'd think one of the biggest stars ever would be in some of the greatest movies, ever. He's one of my favorites, and I did like movies like "The Getaway" and "Papillon", but I gave them 8/10, but there are many movies that are better. "Junior Bonner" is a pretty good one, too.

Oh okay. I saw a few of McQueen's movies, and they were good but not great. I can check out that one though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is a tough question because most of my favorite actors have been in at least one or two great movies. I guess it just depends on your definition of the word "great".

It's probably either Hugh Jackman, Nathan Fillion, Pierce Brosnan, Michael Keaton, or Gary Sinise. They've all been in "good" movies, and even movies that would make my list of my "favorite" movies, but I'm not sure that any of them have hit that one movie that would be considered "great" by most people.

Jackie Chan I think is a really good example cause he has made so many movies, but none I could probably call great, just good.

This is a tough question because most of my favorite actors have been in at least one or two great movies. I guess it just depends on your definition of the word "great".

It's probably either Hugh Jackman, Nathan Fillion, Pierce Brosnan, Michael Keaton, or Gary Sinise. They've all been in "good" movies, and even movies that would make my list of my "favorite" movies, but I'm not sure that any of them have hit that one movie that would be considered "great" by most people.

Yes, this is a tough question. I guess if one is struggling, pick the first possible favorite, 8th favorite.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

What :great" movie was Nathan Fillion in? He's an actor I've always thought of as a television actor.

@Gideon58, I assume this question is for me because I mentioned Nathan Fillion in my previous post.

He wasn't in a great movie. That's why I mentioned him. (The title of the thread is "Favorite Actor Who Was Never In A GREAT Movie?")

He's been in a few good movies, (like Serenity and Waitress), and he's done some voice acting in a few good movies, (mostly DC Comics animation), but he hasn't been in a "great" movie yet. (I loved him in the web series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.)

I understand what you're saying but my understanding of the original post is that this about movie actors who have made a lot of movies, but have never really made a "great" movie.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Oh okay. I saw a few of McQueen's movies, and they were good but not great. I can check out that one though.
Have you watched Papillon? I thought that was a great movie.

A bucket of anxiety
To be honest, Joaquin Phoenix. So far, all the movies I've seen with him in it he's had to save with his amazing talent. And I wouldn't call Scarlett Johansson my favorite actress but I've seen even more movies with her in it and it's like she's a bad movie magnet with a few exceptions. And there's actually quite a few actors and actresses I enjoy watching but they're just not in good/great movies to the point I can barely name off the top of my head.