My Most Disturbing Movie Experiences

Tools    

This is going to become my favourite thread, i mean where else can you take things out of context like this?

I hated when he asks her to make him something to eat even though he's not hungry
MONSTER!! Hang Him!

Nah, seriously i've not seen the film that just cracked me up before you got to the other things he did.

This is going to become my favourite thread, i mean where else can you take things out of context like this?

MONSTER!! Hang Him!

Nah, seriously i've not seen the film that just cracked me up before you got to the other things he did.
You have to actually see the scene, Camo...it's like he's trying to make it look like Marjorie is cooking for him as part of a date.

Match Point

One of Woody Allen's most challenging films, filled with not very nice people doing not very nice things. Jonathan Rhys Myers plays a tennis pro who becomes friends with a client (Matthew Goode) and gets in good with his wealthy family by marrying the client's sister (Emily Mortimer) and taking a job with their father (Brian Cox), but then finds himself drifting into an affair with the client's girlfriend (Scarlett Johanssen). This movie had me talking back to the screen because everyone here makes bad moves, even if some of them are dressed up with British accents. Rhys Myers sucks up to this family and even marries into it and moves into this affair with Johanssen without guilt. Mortimer pressures Rhys Meyers into starting a family hes not ready for. Johannsen knows the guy is married and does nothing to stop it. When he refuses to walk away from his wife and job, Johanssen plans to blow him out of the water and he goes to extreme lengths to silence her. The Matthew Goode character is the only innocent in this ugly story and there's a whole lot of ugly going on here.
'

I might feel different if I wasn't black, but I am black
I knew it. Although, I've always pictured you as white, and it may take some time telling that mental image to go away, but the more you kept fussing about black stereotypes, the more I figured you were probably black yourself. Finally -- a confirmed black MoFo. A rarity here, I feel.

I knew it. Although, I've always pictured you as white, and it may take some time telling that mental image to go away, but the more you kept fussing about black stereotypes, the more I figured you were probably black yourself. Finally -- a confirmed black MoFo. A rarity here, I feel.
I thought Gid was either black or had a black partner. Nobody else on the site watches Tyler Perry movies.

I haven't seen Match Point.

I like how you add the Indian on the end lol
Indian? I thought that was Thriller era Michael Jackson.

Pain & Gain

This is one of those movies that is so disturbing it has to be a true story. This is the story of three bodybuilders (Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie) who kidnap a wealthy industrialist (Tony Shaloub) and force him to sign over all his assets to them. Greed overcomes this trio, instigating one of the most horrific crime sprees ever put on film. The death and destruction that these three guys cause during the running time is even more aggravating because these guys are complete morons and there is no way they should have gotten away with as much as they did. I discovered when I wrote my review of this film that there is a lot of love out there for this film, but this one just left a bad taste in my mouth.

War of the Roses

Danny De Vito was in the director's chair for this blackest of black comedies that, as it progressed, the only laughs it provided were very nervous ones until it stopped being funny completely. In roles nothing like their first film together, Romancing the Stone, Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner play Oliver and Barbara Rose, an affluent California couple who decide to divorce but neither party refuses to give up the house, which ignites a battle between the couple that sizzles to a dangerous climax. This film is imaginatively directed and features some interesting camerawork and the stars give excellent performances, but the levels that these characters stoop to ultimately made this film a very uncomfortable experience.

Prisoners

Disturbing is a masterpiece of understatement regarding my feelings about this movie that literally had me pulling my hair out and yelling at the screen. Hugh Jackman and Terrence Howard play friends whose families get together for a rainy Thanksgiving and while waiting for dinner, both of their youngest daughters disappear. This movie made me so nuts, I don't even know where to begin...the primary thing that bothered me about this movie was the meticulous care for the alleged criminal's rights, often at the expense of the victim. The police arrest the alleged kidnapper (Paul Dano), never search his house, and upon his release, he has the nerve to actually say something to Jackman that implies he knows where the girls are, but no one else hears it, so the police can't act on it. We watch as Jackman goes rogue to find the girls, being dogged every step of the way by a detective (Jake Gyllenhaal) who just seems to be looking out for the kidnapper's rights. The final straw for me was the fate of Jackman's character by the time the credits rolled...I can't even talk about this anymore, it's making me angry all over again.

I quite like Pain & Gain but i can definitely see that being disturbing to some especially the comedy that surrounds all the violence.

Really don't like Prisoners, or anything from Villenueve so far really but that's my least favourite of his.

Prisoners is probably one of my favorite Jake Gyllenhaal movies and not really because of him. I prefer it over Nightcrawler, which seems to get more attention.

Prisoners is probably one of my favorite Jake Gyllenhaal movies and not really because of him. I prefer it over Nightcrawler, which seems to get more attention.
Way too early for Nightcrawler...thanks for jumping the gun, Sexy.

Those are my two favorites of his, with Donnie Darko a close 3rd. I do need to see Zodiac again though.

Ordinary People

Don't get me wrong, I love this movie, I am one of the few people on the planet who thinks it deserved the Oscar for Best Picture it won, as well as the other four Oscars it won, including one for director Robert Redford. There is one reason that this movie makes this list and that is the character of Beth Jarrett, beautifully realized by Mary Tyler Moore, in one of the few Oscars the film didn't win. Pretty much every move this character made in the movie made me sick to my stomach. This woman made no bones about the fact that she preferred older son Buck to her younger son, Conrad (Oscar winner Timothy Hutton) and even though she never says it, blames Conrad for Buck's death. This woman is so cold and unfeeling...she rarely uses Conrad's name, always referring to him as "he" or "him". There is an unsettling scene involving Beth's parents, where husband Calvin (Donald Sutherland) wants to take a picture of Beth and Conrad together and Beth is clearly uncomfortable posing for a picture with her son. There's a moment near the end of the film where Conrad hugs her and she physical recoils from his touch. I thought a moment of redemption was coming for the character when she's talking to Calvin about the family spending Christmas in London, but she wants to leave Conrad at home with his grandparents. I'm trying to think of something likable about this character, but I'm drawing a blank.